• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

Hartle/Burns/Massey will be a good rotation
Would surely say so if true on Burns…would be 3 possible 1st round picks…better than even this year’s weekend rotation.

Looks like Massey had a good closing game tonight for Team USA after a couple of rough outings.. even though they lost or are about to lose. He pitched 3 scoreless innings and faced the max 9 batters.

King 0 for 4 tonight.

Would surely say so if true on Burns…would be 3 possible 1st round picks…better than even this year’s weekend rotation.

Looks like Massey had a good closing game tonight for Team USA after a couple of rough outings.. even though they lost or are about to lose. He pitched 3 scoreless innings and faced the max 9 batters.

King 0 for 4 tonight.
Don't know if it'd be better. Depends on how much we can develop Burns-- he got moved away from a starting role with Tennessee due to performance which is probably why he assumably is transferring here.

Who are the most highly regarded transfers to Wake across all sports? I know we have killed it in basketball recently, but those guys ranged from nothingburgers to pretty good pickups at the time.

That seems big. Think if we get Burns we'll go after a 3rd weekend starter, of are we assuming Massey is definitely that guy?

In my 15+ years of playing bar trivia, I posted a giant comeback (probably my biggest ever) in the second half to come roaring back and get the trophy in first place. That got me pretty fucking pumped.

Then to come home and see that it's looking like Burns might be coming? I might just pull a Cole Roland tonight.

Back