• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

Mlb.com article i read said we could have 5 first rounders. Mock had Kurtz at 2 and Burns at 4.

Really shows how absolutely special Nick Kurtz is that he is getting mocked at #1 overall even as a 1B. It takes an absolute unicorn to do that, which he undoubtedly is

For sure, but I think as people dive in more they realize he’s an asset defensively despite playing first. as our boy moranda said, keith hernandez w/ power.

For sure, but I think as people dive in more they realize he’s an asset defensively despite playing first. as our boy moranda said, keith hernandez w/ power.
Sure, but even elite defensive 1B are not going to be as valuable as average defensive SS’s or CF’s. So the bat has to be that much better than guys playing other positions in order to get ranked higher

I'm not an expert but he looks to be one of the best defensive first basemen I've ever seen in college

Sure, but even elite defensive 1B are not going to be as valuable as average defensive SS’s or CF’s. So the bat has to be that much better than guys playing other positions in order to get ranked higher

the positional adjustment different is 20 runs between 1b and ss, 15 between 2b and cf but only 5 for a corner outfielder.

15-20 is high to project (that’s like peak pujols era defense, but i think teams would easily see him as a better defensive asset than the average COF

the positional adjustment different is 20 runs between 1b and ss, 15 between 2b and cf but only 5 for a corner outfielder.

15-20 is high to project (that’s like peak pujols era defense, but i think teams would easily see him as a better defensive asset than the average COF
Mostly agree to this. I also think there’s plenty of teams that would give him a shot to play a COF spot and see how he does there. Assuming he has the arm, I think he has the athleticism to do it

podcast on "acc baseball storylines" ends up being 90% about the deacs and the pitching lab.

the only comment is someone whining about that. #blueblood

(also available on podcast)

Thanks for posting. It's awesome to think of how one awesome year can change the trajectory and perception of a program.

One of my favorite plays of the postseason was Hawke’s first pitch/1st inning rocket off the scoreboard in game 1 against Bama. So unexpected and set the tone for the series….

Back