• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball

Found a link that should work that is free. I'll see if it comes up when the Wake feed is up, it's dead right now since the game hasn't started. I'll PM to anyone interested (if anyone is) since it's probably not exactly kosher. No ads or popups or anything - same site that I found from the Tomahawk Nation guys last week.

Deacs lead 2-1 entering the top of the 5th.

Fischer has thrown 45 pitches through four innings and Van Orden for Duke has a filthy breaker.

Pretty good pitching duel going.

Had bases loaded and none out with the top of the order coming up and got nothing. Killer.

Yeah they can't buy a hit right now...our best two guys getting on base (Stephens and Shambley) just aren't getting the job done.

We have scored more than 6 runs in a game once since the ND series.

Down 4-0. With our offense effectively game over. The Wake choke fall apart at the end of the season we know so well. I didn't know McCleod. Oh well,another season with no tourney bid. We sure haven't gotten much out of our investment in WF Baseball Park.

Pollard built a winning baseball program in Boone, N.C. That proves he can coach. In his 2nd year at Duke, he's probably already bypassed the Deacs.

Duke hasn't surpassed the Deacs by any means, ridiculous assertion.

We however cannot get any hits over the past two or three weeks.

You knew that was just going to be the big tease before they put their closer in.

Down 4-0. With our offense effectively game over. The Wake choke fall apart at the end of the season we know so well. I didn't know McCleod. Oh well,another season with no tourney bid. We sure haven't gotten much out of our investment in WF Baseball Park.

It's a great venue for football related events :thumbsup:

I was going to ask whether Walter's seat is warm but it's a pointless question since he won't be dismissed under any circumstances while RW is still here.

I went to the baseball game after the Spring game. By the time I got there, bottom of the 1st, the score was already 4-0 and Wake had not batted! A parent of one of the players told me that all but one of Wake's pitchers were injured and that Wake's starting pitcher was the starting catcher. So I don't say it was a choke, but without the best pitchers, it is really hard to win. For Wake to come back and almost win yesterday was a testament to toughness and character. With no pitchers, no wins, IMHO, whether in College or in the majors. Injuries happen, but ... .

Back