• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Good stuff! Welcome Jalen.

We are going to roll out a lot of lineups that look similar to those Buzz Williams teams at VPI. Just hoping to have a fun season, surprise some folks and build for the future.

In the yet another slap in the face category, Jalen Johnson is transferring from Rocky Top to play for Steve Forbes at ETSU. He was a former Wake target and would have filled Chaundee's role rather well.

Let's hope I was right when I posted this back on 4/16. Welcome home, Jalen.

This is a good pickup and gives us 9 scholarship players who are definitely eligible next year. Realistically most teams narrow their rotation to 8 or 9 (K often plays 7) so we should have a solid rotation but with no margin for injuries. If we could find a serviceable post player we would have a reasonably competitive roster. Great work by Forbes to piece together this group given the circumstances.

This is a good pickup and gives us 9 scholarship players who are definitely eligible next year. Realistically most teams narrow their rotation to 8 or 9 (K often plays 7) so we should have a solid rotation but with no margin for injuries. If we could find a serviceable post player we would have a reasonably competitive roster. Great work by Forbes to piece together this group given the circumstances.

Since Williamson will not play this year and Wilkins still needs a waiver, the addition of Johnson gives us 8 guaranteed players

Since Williamson will not play this year and Wilkins still needs a waiver, the addition of Johnson gives us 8 guaranteed players

1. Jahcobi Neath
2. Quadry Adams
3. Ian DuBose
4. Jonah Antonio
5. Jalen Johnson
6. Isaiah Mucius
7. Ismael Massoud
8. Tariq Ingraham
9. Ody Oguama

2 guys that may or may not get a waiver to play: Williamson & Wilkins.
I think if they want to apply for a waiver they will get it.

So, Neath, Dubose, Johnson, Mucius, Oguama is prob the 5 at this point? If we sniff .500 that would be promising. If we somehow got one other rotation-ready big and at least Wilkins eligible, I think around .500 is a good goal.

I want to be a little more optimistic, because if Forbes is legit I think there's a shot we're better than most think, but that's where I am right now. Another interior biggish body and Williamson AND Wilkins somehow eligible, I'm reconsidering and may drink some Kool aid and vibrate.

Last edited:
I'd like to have him in there instead of one of Dubose/Johnson, but I had been thinking no way a grad transfer comes here and doesn't start, before I realized that doesn't necessarily have to be the case anymore.

Back