• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

I think if a guy named Kobe King wants to come, you gotta take him. Especially if he can get a waiver.

In 2021 you'd have 3 experienced guards in Kobe, Daivien and Neath with a Sophomore Adams. Plenty of playing time to go around.

I don't believe Kobe and Chris are close.

FWIW, Chris has been living in the Roanoke, Va area for a number of years.

Also, it's a red flag when a team gets better after a player leaves.

When King announced he was transferring from Wisky in late January, Wisconsin was 12-9 (5-5). With King gone, Wisconsin finished the year winning 9 of its last 10, including 8 in a row to claim a tie for the Big 10 regular season title and the #1 seed in the Big 10 tournament .

King averaged 10 points and 3 rebounds as the #2 scorer at Wisconsin last year, so he's a worthwhile player for us. But I can't imagine any reason he would decide to come to Wake if he's not at all close with his father.

King is a shooting guard who can't shoot. Don't need any guards, but especially those with holes in their game with 3 on the roster.

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Akron was #82 in KP, going 24-7 in the MAC last season.

Good for Wynn. Took his time and seemingly found a decent program.

Back