• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Stony Brook has 3 uncommitted players in the transfer portal, and all are solid. In addition to Foreman,

- Andrew Garcia:https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/andrew-garcia-2.html
- Elijah Olaniyi:https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/elijah-olaniyi-1.html

Olaniyi was their leading scorer and declared for the NBA draft, but can return to college hoop. Stony Brook went 20-13 this past year.

I'd take Garcia as a grad transfer too. Is big enough to play the 2 or 3. Olaniyi didn't graduate and will likely go pro over sitting, similar to Sarr.

Foreman would be Coron Williams. Good spot up shooter who can knock down end of game free throws. My assumption is he’s a better ball handler than Olaniyi, which we desperately need. Behind Neath, we have 2 unproven freshmen who would otherwise be relied on to handle the rock.

Neath is likely to play over 30 mpg. He's going to be the cornerstone of Forbes' rebuilding our program. Watson can play 8-10 mpg.

If we get Foreman, great, but i'm not sure he'd be happy not playing starters or nearly starter's minutes.

Olaniyi is not a grad transfer, so not worth discussing. Foreman also shoots way more 3s, so has made way more.

If not a grad transfer, then no reason to go after him. By the way, he did shoot 5.3 threes/game. That's plenty to compare another guy who shot 8.8. 5.3 is plenty.

I’m definitely fine not getting him. Wouldn’t surprise me if Forbes has a couple much better options lined up.

Of all the Stony Brook guys, I think Garcia and Olaniyi should be the priorities. As others have said, we have pretty good depth in the backcourt. With Neath, Dubose and the freshies, we should be fine. I think both of the freshmen will have the ability to play at least 10 each.

We need to grab two small forwards and a center. If we could get the kid from Poland and two other small forwards that we’ve mentioned on here, whether that be Romello White (unlikely) Elijah Weaver, or any of the previously mentioned Stony Brook guys, I think we’ll have success quicker than people success. We could easily be in conversation for NIT, especially if the ACC is going to be much stronger this year, which is what most predict. I don’t think Forbes is going to go after ANY of his formers players at ETSU. Could be wrong there, but I highly doubt Forbes will pickup players that left his former right hand man.

I thought GCU was an online only school. It’s a proprietary school, correct?

I believe it's the only for-profit school with D-1 athletics. It was founded as a non-profit, then had financial problems and sold out to a commercial enterprise. They tried to revert to non-profit status a few years ago but the DOE refused.

It's also Christian in affiliation. Aside from the for-profit status it's basically Liberty University "West."

MAryland just got a big from Alabama on transfer so hopefully the big man in Poland may come our way.

Of all the Stony Brook guys, I think Garcia and Olaniyi should be the priorities. As others have said, we have pretty good depth in the backcourt. With Neath, Dubose and the freshies, we should be fine. I think both of the freshmen will have the ability to play at least 10 each.

We need to grab two small forwards and a center. If we could get the kid from Poland and two other small forwards that we’ve mentioned on here, whether that be Romello White (unlikely) Elijah Weaver, or any of the previously mentioned Stony Brook guys, I think we’ll have success quicker than people success. We could easily be in conversation for NIT, especially if the ACC is going to be much stronger this year, which is what most predict. I don’t think Forbes is going to go after ANY of his formers players at ETSU. Could be wrong there, but I highly doubt Forbes will pickup players that left his former right hand man.

Why would a team with Mucius and Massoud need 2 SFs? Those guys are both naturally a SF, and if Wilkins gets a waiver so is he. Even DuBose could be a small-ball 3. Right now the only playable big is Ody. Ingraham is coming off an injury, has never played in a game, and was low-ranked to begin with. Okeke is also coming off an injury and is a PWO.

Forbes and staff need to bring in 2 bigs. Beyond that, what the team needs is a secondary ball-handler that is proven, who can either 1. create instant offense for himself or spacing for everyone else as a 3 point threat or 2. is a good enough passer to create offense for his teammates, and can guard all wing positions at a high level on the defensive end to offset his limited offense.

Why would a team with Mucius and Massoud need 2 SFs? Those guys are both naturally a SF, and if Wilkins gets a waiver so is he. Even DuBose could be a small-ball 3. Right now the only playable big is Ody. Ingraham is coming off an injury, has never played in a game, and was low-ranked to begin with. Okeke is also coming off an injury and is a PWO.

Forbes and staff need to bring in 2 bigs. Beyond that, what the team needs is a secondary ball-handler that is proven, who can either 1. create instant offense for himself or spacing for everyone else as a 3 point threat or 2. is a good enough passer to create offense for his teammates, and can guard all wing positions at a high level on the defensive end to offset his limited offense.

Exactly. And if the ETSU guys aren't coming our way then the Foreman kid looks to fit the mold of what we need in a ball handler/instant offense/3 point threat who can hit end of game free throws.

this could actually be a competent team:

g/ foreman (stony brook)
g/ dubose
f/ garcia (stony brook)
f/ mucius
c/ big polish guy (poland)
6/ massoud
7/ neath
8/ ody
9/ watson
10/ ingraham
11/ adams
12/ [open scholly]
13/ wilkins (rs)

this could actually be a competent team:

g/ foreman (stony brook)
g/ dubose
f/ garcia (stony brook)
f/ mucius
c/ big polish guy (poland)
6/ massoud
7/ neath
8/ ody
9/ watson
10/ ingraham
11/ adams
12/ [open scholly]
13/ wilkins (rs)

Pardon my ignorance, but are we linked somehow with the stony brook guys? How about big polish guy?

I thought GCU was an online only school. It’s a proprietary school, correct?

I believe it's the only for-profit school with D-1 athletics. It was founded as a non-profit, then had financial problems and sold out to a commercial enterprise. They tried to revert to non-profit status a few years ago but the DOE refused.

It's also Christian in affiliation. Aside from the for-profit status it's basically Liberty University "West."

They have a campus as well with housing and have been growing at a crazy pace.

Back