• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Updated minutes projections:
1- Neath(32)Adams(8)
2- Dubose(26)Antonio(10)Adams(4)
3- Muscius(20)Johnson(12)Massoud(4)Antonio(4)
4- Massoud(22)Muscius(10)Tariq(8)
5- Ody(24)Tariq(6)..….10 minutes from transfer to be determined

Cut down the damn nets

I did not mention Massoud’s D in the past and don’t have a negative opinion about it. My comments were meant to be general in nature. Just saying defense will factor heavily in decisions about who plays which was not the case the last 6 years. I like Massoud and expect him to have a good year.

I'd say 14 and 12 for Antonio and Johnson seem light. I'd expect their experience earns them more minutes, probably cutting back on Dubose and Muscius. Maybe Dubose can play some 1 and pull a few minutes back from Neath.

I also think Massoud plays more 3 and Muscius more 4, but the minutes are about right.

1- Neath(32)Adams(8)

Cut down the damn nets

Mucscius will be playing PF not Massoud.

I'd say 14 and 12 for Antonio and Johnson seem light. I'd expect their experience earns them more minutes, probably cutting back on Dubose and Muscius. Maybe Dubose can play some 1 and pull a few minutes back from Neath.

I also think Massoud plays more 3 and Muscius more 4, but the minutes are about right.

Yeah I agree that 14 and 12 are light minutes for those guys but there is only so much time to go around at the 2 and 3. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Whoops, deleted when I tried to edit. I've seen it a bunch by a bunch of different folks and probably misspelled it myself, so wasn't calling any individual out. But yeah, Mucius. It does kind of want that extra "s." It's tempting.

I paid close attention to Massoud on defense. Early in the year he was over matched against stronger interior players and stayed around the hoop, focused on defensive rebounding. As the year progressed he really improved his ability to deny the pass to the low post and switch to the perimeter to cover the corner three. That became a strength. His rebounding diminished as he moved away from the basket. If a four can deny the low post pass, discourage the corner three and deny the drive or pass from the corner, he is playing good defense. Massoud was there at the end of the season.

Wake makes the tournament (the actual tournament, not the play-in game) in 2022, Sweet 16 in 2023.

Wake makes the tournament (the actual tournament, not the play-in game) in 2022, Sweet 16 in 2023.

I have a weird confidence that we will be a bubble team this year. Doesn't make sense because we don't really have a true big but I sense this team will be super scrappy and win with defense.

I can't wait when our players are good enough that our die hard fans know how to spell their names.

That's next level. Squad goals.

I have a weird confidence that we will be a bubble team this year. Doesn't make sense because we don't really have a true big but I sense this team will be super scrappy and win with defense.

Jesus...everyone should pump the breaks with these expectations. Forbes has a massive decade long hole to dig out of. He will most likely get there, but it could take 2-3 seasons. The 2021 recruiting class is the key. Manning was terrible at every aspect of coaching but getting to the NCAA bubble is not simply a matter of changing coaches, especially when the only two known ACC caliber players on the roster departed as well. I'd suggest coming up with some reasonable expectations. We get to double digit wins, steal a game from a ranked opponent and we don't have any embarrassing losses to the likes of Houston Baptist and I'd call our 20-21 season a big success.

If we are a bubble team, there shouldn't be a vote for NCOY. They should just give to Forbes by acclamation.

Ain’t gonna happen, but I like it!

Jesus...everyone should pump the breaks with these expectations. Forbes has a massive decade long hole to dig out of. He will most likely get there, but it could take 2-3 seasons. The 2021 recruiting class is the key. Manning was terrible at every aspect of coaching but getting to the NCAA bubble is not simply a matter of changing coaches, especially when the only two known ACC caliber players on the roster departed as well. I'd suggest coming up with some reasonable expectations. We get to double digit wins, steal a game from a ranked opponent and we don't have any embarrassing losses to the likes of Houston Baptist and I'd call our 20-21 season a big success.

So true.

1- Neath(32)Adams(8)

Cut down the damn nets

I don't understand why you keep putting Massoud at the 4. I would like to see him on the wing where he should and will be.

Back