• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Duke 12:30 November 24 RSN

Only negative was not taking the Deacs ML...

Well deserved. :thumbsup:

And look at that sweet gloss helmet- don't think that we donned it once this season.

Good call, I don’t remember seeing those at all this year. Can’t really complain, our uniform combos are normally awesome, with the exception of the gold pants. I’d be perfectly fine never seeing those again.

Great win yesterday, our players really responded to the situation. I watched from home so can't comment on Wake crowd support.
However, Duke band is about triple what we had our last game. Greatly appreciate and thank our band members who came out this year, but they need some serious support in the future.

Great win yesterday, our players really responded to the situation. I watched from home so can't comment on Wake crowd support.
However, Duke band is about triple what we had our last game. Greatly appreciate and thank our band members who came out this year, but they need some serious support in the future.

Marching band requires input of a lot of time and effort for very little appreciation or reward. At one point it meant decent seats for good basketball, but not so anymore.

A helmet sticker for Cade Carney on ESPN’s College Football Final show.

i-xnNTJck-L.jpg

I didn't particularly like the "small hands and smells like cabbage" comment. WTF was that about?

If we can’t agree that duke sucks, then what are we even doing here?

If we can’t agree that duke sucks, then what are we even doing here?
The post you're referencing here was perhaps the all-time best on the OGBoards. Whose was it? Regarding the giles fiasco, I believe

“Coach Clawson called the whole team aside and said, ‘We’re not going to do what they did to us last year,’ like, do the bowling picture,” Dortch said. “He said we have too much class. We were going to do it, but he told us not to. It’s just great to get the W.”

This is why Clawson is awesome and Cutcliffe is a punk. Never give another team extra motivation to beat you.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article221904625.html

Why didn’t he just copy the C in Wallace?

What a great game! Carney was dominant! Newman with the solid bounce back game. Defense with their best game of the year. Made my holiday weekend to stream that in 4K. Thank you ESPN App and Google Chromecast. Whooped them good in front of all 200 Duke fans that showed up.

I not even making fun of it, I honestly feel bad for their players. When Duke was terrible all those years that was one thing, but they’re going to their 6th bowl game in the last seven years I think and they still don’t get more support than that? Especially when consider the support they get for hoops.

I understand where you’re coming from, but their players knew what they were getting into when they signed to go to Duke. Duke football support has never been good. Why should we feel sorry for them?

Back