• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Duke 12:30 November 24 RSN

imo,and based on their recent success under Cut, Duke is successful compared to their history. They beat us pretty good last year as well.

Right, i would be glad for Duke to go back to 3-9 seasons. Makes recruiting for a certain type of student-athlete in a very small pool of eligible players a bit easier.

Doesn’t seem like we go head to head with Duke for recruits much anymore.

It doesn't seem like there would an issue related to TN. Cutcliffe left TN (where he was OC) after the 2007 season to go to Duke and Clawson replaced him as OC for the 2008 season and he stayed there for only one (unsuccessful) season.

Maybe the long Wake win streak vs. Duke stirred some bad feelings that have carried over in later years. Hard to say.

Maybe he's just an asshole whose team just got the living shit beat out of them in front of dozens of their fans.

Wake fans should not adopt a holier-than-thou attitude towards the loyalty of the fans of other schools. :rolleyes: If the circumstances had been reversed, i.e. Wake was losing big at home to Duke on a cold, rainy Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, the stands at BB&T Field would have been just as deserted.
At the end of the game yes. We would have a bigger crowd to start though.

Great great game by Yarbary with 2 sacks and 2 TFLs. The big guy was all over the place along with Boogie. We will miss him and Zeek next year.

Wake fans should not adopt a holier-than-thou attitude towards the fans of other schools. :rolleyes: If the circumstances had been reversed, i.e. Wake was losing big at home to Duke on a cold, rainy Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, the stands at BB&T Field would have been just as deserted.

fuck duke

Wake fans should not adopt a holier-than-thou attitude towards the fans of other schools. :rolleyes: If the circumstances had been reversed, i.e. Wake was losing big at home to Duke on a cold, rainy Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, the stands at BB&T Field would have been just as deserted.

Duke gets horrible support for football. Against UVA earlier this year, both teams came in with 1 loss, big divisional game. The crowd was pathetic and it’s a shame because that program has really turned around. Duke fans will sleep in tents for a week to get into a basketball game, but won’t support the football team. I know our crowds aren’t great sometimes, but our crowds are usually decent.

Yeah; but I chose to attend the wrong game!! And Durham is only 25 miles away.

I didn’t have a choice. Heel in laws and wife had me in chapel hill. But I was all black. Can’t wait to see this on replay

No, we would have had at least 4 times as many. Still not huge, but they were down in the 100s at game end.

I'm still on a high from the game this afternoon.
I went from hoping for a win, to hoping we could hang on, to the feeling of 'we absolutely have this and how much can we score?'
It was domination on offense and defense.
We should really do this more often.

I'm still on a high from the game this afternoon.
I went from hoping for a win, to hoping we could hang on, to the feeling of 'we absolutely have this and how much can we score?'
It was domination on offense and defense.
We should really do this more often.

I think when we went up 38-7 I started to feel confident we had it and we kept pouring it on!:cool:

We beat the absolute shit out of Duke at their place on senior day.

Duke gets horrible support for football. Against UVA earlier this year, both teams came in with 1 loss, big divisional game. The crowd was pathetic and it’s a shame because that program has really turned around. Duke fans will sleep in tents for a week to get into a basketball game, but won’t support the football team. I know our crowds aren’t great sometimes, but our crowds are usually decent.

Agreed. I totally get what Bob is saying. I thought the same thing today when I saw the stands and wondered how the support would have been for Wake if they had 7 wins with the potential for 8 against a struggling Duke team. I honestly do think the crowd at the beginning would have been way bigger to start and by way bigger I don't mean 27 or 28k but 15 maybe.... I don't know. Speaking of that Duke game vs. UVA, I watched some of that and thought it was crazy that place didn't have more fans in it.

Back