• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Duke 12:30 November 24 RSN

Hey look at what coaching can do for young athletes!!! Who fucking knew?!?!?!?!

Imagine that you are a senior playiing your last home game. What a powerful display of support!

I hope their highest rated recruits were there for the occasion.

Agreed. I totally get what Bob is saying. I thought the same thing today when I saw the stands and wondered how the support would have been for Wake if they had 7 wins with the potential for 8 against a struggling Duke team. I honestly do think the crowd at the beginning would have been way bigger to start and by way bigger I don't mean 27 or 28k but 15 maybe.... I don't know. Speaking of that Duke game vs. UVA, I watched some of that and thought it was crazy that place didn't have more fans in it.

Last year Wake was in that exact situation, on the exact same weekend. The official attendance was listed as 27,000. While it was not nearly that many, I was there and there were way more people than there was at the game today.

Wake's support is so much better than Duke's. Our fans are real fans, not just fans of one sport.

Last year Wake was in that exact situation, on the exact same weekend. The official attendance was listed as 27,000. While it was not nearly that many, I was there and there were way more people than there was at the game today.

Wake's support is so much better than Duke's. Our fans are real fans, not just fans of one sport.

duke basketball fans were focused on their football team playing in the Iron Bowl.

How low did Stubhub tickets get? I stopped following them at $6 when I saw a cold, rainy forecast.

Lets see a shot of the home side. Our visitors side would look similar in similar circumstances.

I’m having a very hard time remembering our visitor side looking that sparse in the 1st quarter and I haven’t missed a home game since 2001. I’m not saying it hasn’t been bad, but that picture is pathetic. We get a lot better support than we get credit for given the size of the school and the lack of being football powerhouse.

I’m having a very hard time remembering our visitor side looking that sparse in the 1st quarter and I haven’t missed a home game since 2001. I’m not saying it hasn’t been bad, but that picture is pathetic. We get a lot better support than we get credit for given the size of the school and the lack of being football powerhouse.

Stand corrected-- I was thinking that shot was near the end of the game. Our crowd has never been that bad in the first quarter.

Stand corrected-- I was thinking that shot was near the end of the game. Our crowd has never been that bad in the first quarter.

I not even making fun of it, I honestly feel bad for their players. When Duke was terrible all those years that was one thing, but they’re going to their 6th bowl game in the last seven years I think and they still don’t get more support than that? Especially when consider the support they get for hoops.

That photo of Wallace Wade reminds me of the last trip I made down there in 2011. Bought General Admission tickets at the window for my wife, 3 year old daughter, and myself. Knew that the crowd would be sparse, and figured we would go find some empty seats with the Wake crowd down at the end of the horseshoe. Quickly learned that even with literally thousands of unfilled seats, Duke saw fit to have someone checking ticket stubs at the entrance to every single section, and they refused to let us go into the Wake section. They even had someone checking stubs in the General Admission area. Have still never seen anything like it anywhere else in college football, but definitely the kind of chickenshit one should expect from Duke.

I will never tire of administering ass kickings to them like today’s.

Agreed. I totally get what Bob is saying. I thought the same thing today when I saw the stands and wondered how the support would have been for Wake if they had 7 wins with the potential for 8 against a struggling Duke team. I honestly do think the crowd at the beginning would have been way bigger to start and by way bigger I don't mean 27 or 28k but 15 maybe.... I don't know. Speaking of that Duke game vs. UVA, I watched some of that and thought it was crazy that place didn't have more fans in it.

That crowd looked like it was for a team that was 2-9, not 7-4 and on their way to a bowl game. If I'm Jones I'm putting my name in the draft.

Last edited:
I not even making fun of it, I honestly feel bad for their players. When Duke was terrible all those years that was one thing, but they’re going to their 6th bowl game in the last seven years I think and they still don’t get more support than that? Especially when consider the support they get for hoops.

Because those people are “duke basketball” fans. They were at home yesterday watching their Crimson Tide in the Iron Bowl.

In Ed Hardin's piece on the game, he wrote about Duke's win at Wake last year and their "going bowling" by acting out ten pins and a bowling ball... at the game. And pictures of it motivating Wake during practice. I had not heard of that. Any details or references?

“Coach Clawson called the whole team aside and said, ‘We’re not going to do what they did to us last year,’ like, do the bowling picture,” Dortch said. “He said we have too much class. We were going to do it, but he told us not to. It’s just great to get the W.”

This is why Clawson is awesome and Cutcliffe is a punk. Never give another team extra motivation to beat you.

Well deserved. :thumbsup:

And look at that sweet gloss helmet- don't think that we donned it once this season.

Back