• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB: Game #1 - Fairfield Stags - November 7 - 8pm - ACCN+

Yeah, tons of missed layups. Appleby had a weird game but the talent is obviously there. Not worried about it.

Also a good point - they would've been the 3rd or 4th best OOC opponent we faced last year. VMI finished at 170, but was 236 when we played them. Only LSU and Northwestern were ranked higher than Fairfield's KP last night.

And we don't play one of those really shitty teams until the 2 games later in November (SC State & Hampton).

Also... Up to #78 in KP!!!

finished watching the game.

appleby looked like our best / most important player. also confused at the hildreth criticism as he was the only other guy who could create anything. if he can make his FTs and shoot 3s competently (like he apparently did this offseason), i think he'll be a value add. really need to get ituka back as a secondary PG though.

i think carr might end up playing more minutes at the 5 (with monsanto or klintman as the second biggest guy).

Hildreth is a mediocre player at best and probably doesn’t belong in the ACC but I can’t be too mad because of the effort he puts in every game.

Nah, cmon, he’s an acc player. Agreed on his effort though.

Gotta say this is gonna be a long season with your constant hot takes attacking one or two kids all year. Can't wait.
Never attacked any player. Never criticized anyone since CMM. Almost everyone has commented negatively regarding Hildreth. If he continues to shoot so poorly and plays 30 mins a game while Monsanto sits, Forbes is going to catch some heat from most of WF fans.

Hildreth would not have gotten any negative feedback if Monsanto was playing starter minutes. That's the confusion and anger.

Gonna be a long year, I think. Hard to tell much after one game, but we have no beef underneath outside of Marsh, and he's hardly even playing.

I like Hildreth. He created his own shots last night and showed a bit more explosiveness than he did last year, but he needs to finish better and keep his emotions in check. I've always liked that he is aggressive with the ball, but we usually have better options on the floor.

Like the Delaware kid. Nice footwork and shot. Reminded me a bit of Jake but obviously lacking the mass.

We're small but quick. We should not have much trouble creating our own shots, which means we can knock better teams off if we get hot. The problem is our lack of size is much more likely to be a liability.

I get the concern about size... But it seems like we have plenty of length with Keller & Klintman clearly not stiffs. Keller can play some 5 and Klintman can play some 4.

But yeah, the frontcourt defense needs to be better.

Never attacked any player. Never criticized anyone since CMM. Almost everyone has commented negatively regarding Hildreth. If he continues to shoot so poorly and plays 30 mins a game while Monsanto sits, Forbes is going to catch some heat from most of WF fans.
You do understand that Monsanto is going through some things right now don't you? It is obvious his head isn't 100% into basketball right now and that is OK. The coaches will hopefully get him through this and if not, then it is what it is.

"I would hope you would support who we are. Not, who we we are not."

- Norman Dale

You do understand that Monsanto is going through some things right now don't you? It is obvious his head isn't 100% into basketball right now and that is OK. The coaches will hopefully get him through this and if not, then it is what it is.

"I would hope you would support who we are. Not, who we we are not."

- Norman Dale
Having played high school basketball as both a starter and a reserve, I never found sitting on the bench 38 minutes of a game to be an emotionally healing experience. I assume Forbes knows what he is doing but it’s a real head scratcher to see someone that talented have to sit and watch much less talented players play his position.

Back