• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB: Game #1 - Fairfield Stags - November 7 - 8pm - ACCN+

i mean i don't know what he will do this season but he was arguably the best player tonight
14 pts, 3 reb, 3 ast, 2 stls

I appreciate the sentiment, though I think the concern is being leveled at the coaches.
Sure, but it's their job to protect him as needed. Not being prepared to play and getting down on himself could be an issue for a kid.

Reality is that Wake loses this game without Hildreth tonight. Yes, he needs to finish better but was aggressive and able to generate his own offense.

I saw Virginia was in Goodman’s Final 4 prediction.
They seem to be struggling thus far tonight.

I see wfu22fan has found his new Carter Whitt
You mean CMM? Yeah, if you can’t shoot the damn ball, I’m not going to be your biggest fan. And if you are 6-4, can’t jump, can’t handle the ball ,can only score by backing players down to the basket, and shoot 65% at the line, you need to play somewhere other than the ACC.

Have to be a special kind of stupid to rag on Cam who came off the bench to lead us in scoring, assists, 2nd in steals, and with only 2 turnovers.

You mean CMM? Yeah, if you can’t shoot the damn ball, I’m not going to be your biggest fan. And if you are 6-4, can’t jump, can’t handle the ball ,can only score by backing players down to the basket, and shoot 65% at the line, you need to play somewhere other than the ACC.
Hmm I thought you were anti-whitt after CMM left.

Anyways, why do you think Hildreth is a power forward?

Ideally, other players will develop and take his minutes later in the season. But we sure needed him tonight

Just checking Fairfield's schedule from last year.... They almost got an auto bid after losing in the championship game to Iona so I'm not ready to completely quit yet

How about we lay off Monsanto, alright people. He went through a family tragedy recently. If he’s struggling day to day, Forbes is going to let him figure it out, as he should.
What’s he gonna do— sit over there on the bench and figure it out?

Hildreth isn't great but he's one of the only people on the team who actually attacks the basket and tries to make his own offense
Very true, unfortunately he lacks the athleticism to be able to finish consistently at this level I’m afraid. Others guys could learn a lot from his effort though.

Daivien stepped up the last 5 minutes when we needed him most, especially with the key 3 and the free throws, but he struggled before then. FG 2-9, 3 ptr 2-6, 2 assists, 3 turnovers, 1 steal, 1 rebound is not a great stat line. Bright spot was 80% (8-10) from free throw line.

Best players overall tonight were Cam, Carr and Klintman. Daivien and Ty played their best basketball the last 5 minutes of the game.

Still think Marsh takes a step this year, but…just not in the first game.

Decent win by the Deacs. Fairfield isn’t bad.

Back