• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 18: Deacs at BC: Saturday 8 pm: ESPN2

who was the modern stretch 4 prototype before Bosh? especially one who is the ideal stretch 4 in that they can shoot and protect the rim

not sure why which portion of his career he embodied the role matters if it was before others were doing it

Odom so should have played Peral at the 4 as a stretch and another 3 pointer around Duncan. Also maybe not year 1 but should have found a way for Tucker to be a 4 guy..
Contemporary writeups about those Wake teams sometimes called Peral a guard because of his role in the offense. He was a floor spacer and outside shooter. 100 threes, when the three was still looked at as something of a novelty or gimmick, not the centerpiece of an offense.

Believe Broderick Hicks with 131
Thanks. That might be pretty hard to beat. Teams are only guaranteed 32 games (31 regular season and at least 1 ACCT game) so it will take some postseason wins and avoiding injury for Cam to get there, which I still expect he will.

who was the modern stretch 4 prototype before Bosh? especially one who is the ideal stretch 4 in that they can shoot and protect the rim

not sure why which portion of his career he embodied the role matters if it was before others were doing it
Does a Toni Kukoc count? Not really the "ideal" stretch 4 I guess and YMMV on the modern aspect. He embodied a lot of both qualities though.

Bobi Klintman was +14 against FSU. He's been a ton better the past three games. The confidence and physical strength isn't quite there yet but you can see why the staff is so excited about him going forward. Hoping the confidence is flowing on a Saturday night in Boston with hopefully a nice lead.

Bill Laimbeer was a stretch 5. Not many attempts but pretty efficient during the Pistons' championship runs.

I'd say Toni Kukoc was an ideal stretch 4 at that time.

stretch 4 is already pretty much outdated, and really the entire concept of forwards. i'd say "modern basketball" has three positional archetypes -- big, wing and pg.

stretch 4 is already pretty much outdated, and really the entire concept of forwards. i'd say "modern basketball" has three positional archetypes -- big, wing and pg.

Yeah. Pretty much. And depending on talent, you can have 1 or 2 bigs, 1-3 wings, and 1 or 2 pgs on the floor at any time.

Larry

Yep. We think of Garnett as being more of a shooter than he was for some reason.

Bird spent most of his time at SF anyway. McHale and Parrish were at PF and C.

Back