• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 18: Deacs at BC: Saturday 8 pm: ESPN2

So is this a game Wake can set up Marsh for a dunk-a-thon? Marsh would have size over any of their bigs. Sounds like he could match up well with Bickerstaff on D.

If Monsanto is willing to do the other stuff and let the shot attempts come to him in the flow of the game, the "regression to the mean" might not be that much. The mean may move permanently.
HOLLA!!!

senior year dawson seems to be the best single three point shooting in the last 25 years from a little searching

44% on 6.7 attempts per game

in '95-'96 Peral shot 51% on 3 attempts per game

You only asked for four, Juice. Four is really tough. We can definitely turn this into an ideal 16 team 3-point shooting tournament.

I was texting with a friend of mine and he said early this season his wife (also a 90s Deac) compared Andrew Carr to Peral. I think she was on to something.

If there is a time component I might take Antonio. Quickest release of them all. He could take my Main Event/Dave and Buster winning strategy of tremendous shot volume.

If there is a time component I might take Antonio. Quickest release of them all. He could take my Main Event/Dave and Buster winning strategy of tremendous shot volume.
Yeah. That's why I picked him out of the dozen or more other outstanding shooters.

Definitely taking Chill, Dawson, and Gray so the question is who gets the fourth spot for me.

Wilbekin or Larue come to mind for me as the fourth. Larue didn't get as many chances but IIRC shot over 40% from outside for his career. Wilbekin was close to 40% and was top 8-10 in made 3s in his Wake career. Monsanto is in the conversation with those two as he's above 40% in his Wake career.

You only asked for four, Juice. Four is really tough. We can definitely turn this into an ideal 16 team 3-point shooting tournament.

I was texting with a friend of mine and he said early this season his wife (also a 90s Deac) compared Andrew Carr to Peral. I think she was on to something.
Carr is much better around the basket that Peral, and Peral was a much better outside shooter. I don't see it.

Carr is much better around the basket that Peral, and Peral was a much better outside shooter. I don't see it.
I agree. My response was that if Peral played today on this team, he'd be a lot like Carr. Peral played with Duncan so he didn't need to be around the basket. Carr shot .405 from deep at Delaware last year. He's 7-17 in his last 4 games despite going 1-6 at Louisville.

I remember Peral exclusively on the perimeter but I was also like seven years old
His last 2 years (once Scooter Banks graduated), he played a decent amount of 4, usually moving to that spot when Odom took out Sean Allen and put in Larue to play with Duncan/Rutland/Braswell. But he was not somebody who could get a bucket off of a post touch, nor did he have much in the way of a dribble-drive game from the mid post or FT line. Carr can do those things.

I remember Peral exclusively on the perimeter but I was also like seven years old

He was his junior year (95-96). He was one of the best 3-point shooters in the country but didn't have enough attempts. He mixed it up a little more his sophomore and senior years.

Back