• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 2: UGA - Friday 8:30 pm - ACCN

We look like a team that has not played together very much. Lots of guys unsure who's job things are. We have some talent but need to put it together.

We look like a team that has not played together very much. Lots of guys unsure who's job things are. We have some talent but need to put it together.
In this era that’s simply the case with almost every team. Hope we can out-talent teams until we put it all together.

I’m encouraged by the fact that Damari will be a force to reckon with when he returns, and Ituka will be another good guard to rotate in with Appleby, Daivien, Cam, etc. We have pieces. Hope Forbes can put them all together.

Idk what we are yet. Hopefully we find our identity WHILE we keep winning games early on in the season.

It was more clear to me tonight that Appleby will be running this team and I think he’s our most important player. I love having a 24 year old PG in complete control.

Carr has the 4 on lock as well — does lots of things well.

We’ve got pieces and hopefully start to figure the rest out.

Always good to get an early win but the second half defense was bad. Forbes can't be very happy about it.

Eye test only, the 5 best players so far seem to be Appleby, Williamson, Hildreth, Klintman, Carr. Have we played those 5 together? I wish lineup plus/minus stats were as accessible for college as they are for nba based on lineup combos.

Granted it's still early, but I would like to see some more offense that is not backcourt oriented.

Hope we find some.

Eye test only, the 5 best players so far seem to be Appleby, Williamson, Hildreth, Klintman, Carr. Have we played those 5 together? I wish lineup plus/minus stats were as accessible for college as they are for nba based on lineup combos.

Bradford?

Decent win. First half defense was outstanding. Second half D was lousy. Deacs with more rebounds for the game but there were periods where the boards were missing and hustle was absent.

Appleby and Williamson played well offensively. I expect them to be able to hold a lead late in a game because they both a good from the line and have fifth year experience.. Appleby a nice addition and I'm hopeful regarding Ituka.

Hildreth dominates the defensive analytics, followed by Keller and Monsanto. First step back for Monsanto. Bradford showed he can contribute at both ends. Cam with 11 boards.

Forbes has plenty of teaching moments as well as compliments to give.

Someone on here asked when Marsh and McCray would be back from injury. Are they actually injured??

Someone on here asked when Marsh and McCray would be back from injury. Are they actually injured??
Marsh had his hand/finger wrapped. I’m assuming he’s injured that’s why he didn’t play. Forbes said in his presser McCray and his family decided to redshirt him for the year so looks like he’s transferring after the season

Marsh had his hand/finger wrapped. I’m assuming he’s injured that’s why he didn’t play. Forbes said in his presser McCray and his family decided to redshirt him for the year so looks like he’s transferring after the season
Bobby Mac feels like one of those guys that has great natural talent but lacks the skills or ability to take that next step for ACC play. Can imagine that's crazy frustrating for a player. Would probably excel in a conference like the MAAC.

Bobby Mac feels like one of those guys that has great natural talent but lacks the skills or ability to take that next step for ACC play. Can imagine that's crazy frustrating for a player. Would probably excel in a conference like the MAAC.
I knew after last season one of Taylor/McCray would end up leaving because of lack of playing time. I just thought it was going to be after the ACC tournament so they both lasted longer than I thought. No idea where McCray goes since we’ve never really seen him play.

His family has always seemed to have that "we're too involved" vibe to me. I wish he could have put it together, but it doesn't seem like that was going to happen. I assume he will be gone after the Holidays.

Best of luck to McCray.

I was at the game. Great defensive effort in the first half. I’m encouraged by all of our young bigs and look forward to seeing them develop. Hopefully Monsanto finds his shot in Jamaica.

Crowd was underwhelming to say the least. Forbes has his work cut out for him.

The crowd seemed reasonably good on TV. But, I keep a fairly low bar for these early season games. Especially late on a Friday evening

I’d say the lower bowl was half full and there were a few hundred people upstairs. Fairly solid student turnout.

Monsanto now 0-7 in first two games. Looks to me like his shot form is slightly different this year. Maybe as a result from losing weight?

Back