• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 7: Florida Gators - Wednesday 7:15 ESPNU

The vast discrepancies between people very confident in their size guesstimate is pretty awesome.

Guess it's par for the course among us dudes.
deb6318e9167a2322394551baf03168f.jpg

So if we live far away, we can’t comment on disappointing crowds? If we’re DC members, we pay for marketing. Crowds seem like fair game. I think that’s a fairly routine observation both good and bad.

There were definitely more than 4K at the Florida game. I’d put it around 7500.
No, it wasn’t close to 7500. It looked pretty good on TV to me for this time of year and knowing what actual past attendance has been but it was max 40% full. Lower bowl had a number of empty seats and the lower bowl is 44% of the total seating for the building. There were a few people upstairs but not nearly that many to get close to 7500. Wake (like everyone else) announces the most inflated attendance number they can possible get away with. They count all season ticket holders, tickets they’ve given out to community groups, all students who claim a ticket on their app (of which not many show up), etc. and announce what the max the attendance could have been if everyone who had access to a ticket actually showed up at the Joel. It’s wildly misleading but makes them look better. So when they announce that all of these football games are sold out and the attendance was 34000, that’s a crock. Attendance at football peaks at about 24K butts in seats and the largest (by far) basketball has been in recent years was 12K for Duke two years ago (K’s last season).

I think if you could snap your fingers and we had a smaller arena everyone would agree it would be better. Problem is it’s a LOT of money and that money is probably better spent elsewhere
Could just tarp over the upper deck

It's always going to be a mix. Facilities will need to be good enough, look new enough, be well kept etc. But student athletes will be looking for a bag as long as it is the way of doing business.

It would appear that the facilities Wake built recently may well carry that part of the needs for a while. Therefore, donors can focus on the wok of RTQ to bring in players.

It's always going to be a mix. Facilities will need to be good enough, look new enough, be well kept etc. But student athletes will be looking for a bag as long as it is the way of doing business.

It would appear that the facilities Wake built recently may well carry that part of the needs for a while. Therefore, donors can focus on the wok of RTQ to bring in players.
Let the donors cook!

No, it wasn’t close to 7500. It looked pretty good on TV to me for this time of year and knowing what actual past attendance has been but it was max 40% full. Lower bowl had a number of empty seats and the lower bowl is 44% of the total seating for the building. There were a few people upstairs but not nearly that many to get close to 7500. Wake (like everyone else) announces the most inflated attendance number they can possible get away with. They count all season ticket holders, tickets they’ve given out to community groups, all students who claim a ticket on their app (of which not many show up), etc. and announce what the max the attendance could have been if everyone who had access to a ticket actually showed up at the Joel. It’s wildly misleading but makes them look better. So when they announce that all of these football games are sold out and the attendance was 34000, that’s a crock. Attendance at football peaks at about 24K butts in seats and the largest (by far) basketball has been in recent years was 12K for Duke two years ago (K’s last season).
Pretty sure I was at that game - I sat in the nosebleeds and the place was pretty packed, as I recall.

Can't win for a week or two. Gotta be for a season or two. Started to get good crowds last year, Saturday vs UVA, and we went on a 4 game losing streak. The crowds have not returned since then. Chance to get it back there in Jan/Feb. Then keep building.

Can't win for a week or two. Gotta be for a season or two. Started to get good crowds last year, Saturday vs UVA, and we went on a 4 game losing streak. The crowds have not returned since then. Chance to get it back there in Jan/Feb. Then keep building.
Yep

Back