• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 7: Florida Gators - Wednesday 7:15 ESPNU

I am sure several people didn't even bother submitting a video. At first you had to fill out an application and write a 200 word (or 500, can't remember) short essay about why you should be chosen. Then a few weeks later they said everyone now has to submit a video due to so many people applying. I did not care to submit a video lol
Mote like lowdeacenergy it seems ! !

Mote like lowdeacenergy it seems ! !
I already bought tickets to games I want to go to this year lol. That's also an error on their part, they posted about it 2-3 weeks before the season began. Lots of folks already bought season tickets at that point. Plus I like to bring a group with me, couldn't do that in the supporters section

I'm kidding. You'll see more games in person than I will. #jealous

Can't fill the place 1/3rd of the way for Duke? We have some poor attendance but that's just not true lol. Duke and UNC are our best crowds. It was more than 1/3rd full for Florida
Partly in jest, but the ljvm capacity lists 14,665. 1/3 is 4885, that was probably about accurate for the Florida game. Students were great though. We don't get above 50% very often though.

Attendance reported just over 8k for FL which feels about right.

According to deacfan123, more than 3,000 people (over 60% of his "estimated" crowd) bought tickets and decided not to attend.

Also, I've never understood the fascination of many ogboards.com posters with attendance especially when a majority of the same posters rarely (if at all?) attend games.

I mean, what percentage of people who post here live within 2 hours of Winston-Salem and could be season ticket holders?

I mean, how difficult is it not to piss & moan over attendance when you don't make any effort to attend?

I live 10 hours now from campus yet somehow manage not to bitch over a lack of butts in the seats when I don't attend games.

Not sure why this is a difficult concept but ogboards gonna' ogboards.

I mean, how difficult is it not to piss & moan over attendance when you don't make any effort to attend?
Everybody loves to put down the local triad folks for not attending games but what about those alumni who never make it back for a game?

Angus, do you type out these posts every time or do you have something saved on a word doc or something

Partly in jest, but the ljvm capacity lists 14,665. 1/3 is 4885, that was probably about accurate for the Florida game. Students were great though. We don't get above 50% very often though.
Were you at the Florida game? The upper level was mostly empty but overall was certainly more than 4885

I mean, what percentage of people who post here live within 2 hours of Winston-Salem and could be season ticket holders?

If you live within 2 hours of Winston and have connections in town, would you be better off getting a season ticket or getting tickets from friends? Let’s say you can make about half of weekday games and all but maybe one or two weekend games.

If you live within 2 hours of Winston and have connections in town, would you be better off getting a season ticket or getting tickets from friends? Let’s say you can make about half of weekday games and all but maybe one or two weekend games.
Flex plan baby

Attendance reported just over 8k for FL which feels about right.

According to deacfan123, more than 3,000 people (over 60% of his "estimated" crowd) bought tickets and decided not to attend.

Also, I've never understood the fascination of many ogboards.com posters with attendance especially when a majority of the same posters rarely (if at all?) attend games.
reported attendance is comical, it wasn't even remotely close to 6k.

Does Wake still require a photo with admissions? Maybe the Supporters Group continues in the tradition of Wake's "no uggos" policy.

Were you at the Florida game? The upper level was mostly empty but overall was certainly more than 4885

Yes, I have season tickets and attend every game. Maybe miss 1-2 a year. Will be there Wednesday as they announce 7k in attendance with 3500 people there.

Honestly, that was actually a pretty good crowd for this time of year. The officially announced attendance was 8165 which means the actual butts in seats was probably closer to 5500ish. That’s what I thought it looked like on TV with most of the lower bowl looking full during the game and even some bodies in the upper deck. If that lower bowl is packed full that’s about 6500. By comparison, the ACC Big 10 showdown the last two years has brought out about 2000-3000 people. When Deacs beat UNC in 2022 that was actual attendance of about 8500 so 5500 for tonight is actually a pretty decent showing. Hopefully fan interest and attendance continue to grow from here as the Deacs go on a tear!
Bumping this for those who think the joel wasover half way full last week. You dont realize the upper has more of that 14.5k seats, and it is essentially completely empty all the time.

Back