• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 7: Florida Gators - Wednesday 7:15 ESPNU

The downstairs was not even close to full. If downstairs is 6500 what are we talking about? Argument doesn't even really matter but to think the arena is almost halfway full last week is insane.

Bumping this for those who think the joel wasover half way full last week. You dont realize the upper has more of that 14.5k seats, and it is essentially completely empty all the time.
The upper bowl has more seats than the lower bowl?

flex plan was a COVID era hail mary to get butts in the door when people were still nervous about indoor events.

I'm glad they've kept it around but it is definitely way less appealing (by design) every year.

On this I can agree, did they make it so you can't get lowers? I was impressed with that plan last year.
reduced the number of admissions from 17 to 10, while increasing the price from $10 an admission to $20 each, removed the Duke game, and you cannot sit in the lowers besides NJIT, Presby, and Del St. They also didn't tell me I couldn't sit in lowers until after purchasing it and wouldn't refund me. Absolutely horrible. I like to do the flex plan because I bring folks with me often. Won't buy it again.

from wikipedia:

8,013 Upper level seats
6,559 Lower level seats
I did not know that, that makes more sense. I'm not Don Ross by any means but I do think we should have a 8k-10k arena but that gets folks upset around here. Just keep the Joel but add some bar areas, maybe a swimming pool in the upper deck? (I kid)

I did not know that, that makes more sense. I'm not Don Ross by any means but I do think we should have a 8k-10k arena but that gets folks upset around here. Just keep the Joel but add some bar areas, maybe a swimming pool in the upper deck? (I kid)
As long as it’s included in the flex pass.

reduced the number of admissions from 17 to 10, while increasing the price from $10 an admission to $20 each, removed the Duke game, and you cannot sit in the lowers besides NJIT, Presby, and Del St. They also didn't tell me I couldn't sit in lowers until after purchasing it and wouldn't refund me. Absolutely horrible. I like to do the flex plan because I bring folks with me often. Won't buy it again.
Yeah that's some shit. But the good news is you can sit in the lowers anytime you damn well please besides duke tbh.

Agree on the 8-10k arena, not going don ross either but it just makes sense. But it also aint happening.

I think if you could snap your fingers and we had a smaller arena everyone would agree it would be better. Problem is it’s a LOT of money and that money is probably better spent elsewhere

I think if you could snap your fingers and we had a smaller arena everyone would agree it would be better. Problem is it’s a LOT of money and that money is probably better spent elsewhere
Counterpoint: let's keep rehashing the same ol arguments.

The alums who could snap their fingers and make it happen haven't done so. There's got to be something to their calculations.

pointing out that we should have a smaller arena isn't what gets people upset at DR.

Think it's going to be a really interesting argument for all college going forward. When you spend 10-15 Mil or more on new buildings/practice courts/locker rooms etc, why not just spend on NIL? Will be interesting to see if everyone's facilities in 10 years or more become dated but the prospects don't care they want the money.

We have no idea what "dated" will mean in 10 years. We know college athletes played without such facilities for decades and were mostly fine. I think you can argue that ADs were motivated to come up with new facility "needs" to absorb donations. Once they meet a 2022 post-COVID standard, they may redirect everything to NIL except upkeep expenses.

Think it's going to be a really interesting argument for all college going forward. When you spend 10-15 Mil or more on new buildings/practice courts/locker rooms etc, why not just spend on NIL? Will be interesting to see if everyone's facilities in 10 years or more become dated but the prospects don't care they want the money.
completely agree and the NIL is way more important to get top players given where we are in the pecking order and those top players will get you the Ws you need to build fan enthusiasm/attendance/merch sales/etc. once you have those things going you can use the new excess funds for building, but afraid when you are struggling as we are you have to focus on NIL.

There were definitely more than 4K at the Florida game. I’d put it around 7500.

Back