• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 7: Florida Gators - Wednesday 7:15 ESPNU

Eh, who cares? Getting either Duke or UVA just once sucks. It really sucks when it's a road game. Maybe we play well in Cameron but lose on some late free throws, then at home we get Notre Dame instead of Duke and cruise by 15. Well, we get no credit for anything basically, or even go backwards because the metrics demand a 20+ point win at home over Notre Dame.

If the early rankings hold (and historically they seem to, since conference statuses are basically locked after the majority of the non-conference schedule ends in early December), we only get the poison ACC teams of Louisville and Notre Dame once each, with Notre Dame being a road game. That could be pretty helpful. We'll really need wins on the road at places like BC, GaTech, FSU maybe - those might be the sweet 80-120 NET road Quad 2's that can make up for our early losses. Hurts not getting a home game against Carolina, but hopefully the February shots at Duke (twice) and UVA (once) could at least give us a shot.

Yeah with the ACC not as good as some other years (consistent recent theme) it’s even more unfortunate when we don’t get that many bites at the apple with the top 3-5 at home

And sorry bc it’s mostly in the game threads now since I watch with my kids 🤦🏼‍♀️
It's tough to get my kids to care about my teams. No interest.

I will say my 11 yo watched the nba draft lottery show with me. When the spurs got the number 1 pick he went nuts and jumped around with me. Then he just stopped after his idea of an appropriate length of time and said "see ya later" as he walked away.

Yeah but I need Ballys for my Canes. The spectrum app on my phone has been great. Unless you are wanting to watch a game that is on a local channel. They get blacked out unless you are connected to your home internet.
I was in the same boat but Spectrum had jerked me around for too long that the Disney thing was the last straw. I recall that when the deal did eventually get signed, not all channels came back (Freeform was one of them, I didn't think ESPNU was, but maybe I overlooked that fact) with the standard cable package. I also gritted my teeth and subscribed to the Bally's app to get my Canes fix since they aren't on YTTV. They had some rough patches (nationwide) in late Oct/early Nov, but for the most part, it has been okay (can definitely get glitchy at times compared to cable/YTTV). Even gave me a $5.00 credit on last month's bill due to those issues. We'll evaluate at the end of the basketball/hockey seasons and see what I want to use going forward, but I definitely don't miss Spectrum at this point.

I was in the same boat but Spectrum had jerked me around for too long that the Disney thing was the last straw. I recall that when the deal did eventually get signed, not all channels came back (Freeform was one of them, I didn't think ESPNU was, but maybe I overlooked that fact) with the standard cable package. I also gritted my teeth and subscribed to the Bally's app to get my Canes fix since they aren't on YTTV. They had some rough patches (nationwide) in late Oct/early Nov, but for the most part, it has been okay (can definitely get glitchy at times compared to cable/YTTV). Even gave me a $5.00 credit on last month's bill due to those issues. We'll evaluate at the end of the basketball/hockey seasons and see what I want to use going forward, but I definitely don't miss Spectrum at this point.
ESPN+ and a VPN for Canes. Will not give Bally a dime when they have so many issues with their service.

Yeah but I need Ballys for my Canes. The spectrum app on my phone has been great. Unless you are wanting to watch a game that is on a local channel. They get blacked out unless you are connected to your home internet.
No you do not. ESPN+ and VPN is the way to go. Screw Bally

Our social media team (person?) is so much better than it was just a few years ago.
Agree, but surely the AD department can come up with a better name for the new fan section than "Wake Forest Support Group". The Wake Wackos at least had a better monicker.

How is the Support Group going?

How is the Support Group going?
Saw them at the last game. It was about 3-4 rows of people in one section, quite sad honestly. It's also hilarious they required video submissions and selected members, should've taken everyone who applied. We were right next to their section and a buddy of mine said "who the hell are they? some fake student section?"

They are opposite of the student section, and yeah it's a pretty low number. I think they do make them stand and cheer each game, which I respect lol. Would be cool if it was a full section etc. But alas, we can't fill the place 1/3 of the way up even for Duke hardly.

They are opposite of the student section, and yeah it's a pretty low number. I think they do make them stand and cheer each game, which I respect lol. Would be cool if it was a full section etc. But alas, we can't fill the place 1/3 of the way up even for Duke hardly.
Can't fill the place 1/3rd of the way for Duke? We have some poor attendance but that's just not true lol. Duke and UNC are our best crowds. It was more than 1/3rd full for Florida

Saw them at the last game. It was about 3-4 rows of people in one section, quite sad honestly. It's also hilarious they required video submissions and selected members, should've taken everyone who applied. We were right next to their section and a buddy of mine said "who the hell are they? some fake student section?"
Wow. I'm sure they cut out several potential applicants right there.

Great video breakdown of Wake's offensive sets from Florida game on 247 board if anyone is interested. It is a VIP thread but that dude did an incredible job.

Wow. I'm sure they cut out several potential applicants right there.
I am sure several people didn't even bother submitting a video. At first you had to fill out an application and write a 200 word (or 500, can't remember) short essay about why you should be chosen. Then a few weeks later they said everyone now has to submit a video due to so many people applying. I did not care to submit a video lol

Back