• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ FSU – Saturday 10/1 – 3:30 ABC

BarcaDeac

Reaction score
We await our kickoff time.

FSU might actually be decent this year. Go Deacs!

Other games with holds:

NC State @ Clemson
GA Tech @ Pitt
VT @ UNC

They aren't taking a Clemson-Wake game verdict for granted, some respect!

What time slots are available?

Prime ABC is open too.

I think the plan is to put State-Clemson there, which goes along with The Bear saying last week Gameday has its eyes on that game. But if we win on Sat and the Noles take care of biz that will throw things up in the air

Opening the ESPN app and going to the Top 25 schedule for that week just about everything is listed as TBD. Guessing Bama/Ark will be 3:30 CBS. Ok State/Baylor or Iowa/Michigan will probably get Fox at noon and maybe a primetime.

Michigan-Iowa is noon Fox. OkSt-Baylor is TBD like us.

From dude who tracks this stuff:

The Big Ten hasn't released anything yet except that Michigan-Iowa is the Fox noon game, but all 3 ABC slots are open, ESPN 3:30 is open and all 3 ESPN2 slots are open.

The Big 12 also has 3 games on hold(OKST-Baylor, OU-TCU, WV-Texas)

What a mess. I booked a hotel room in Tallahassee the night the schedule came out. I decided to go to a work conference through Saturday instead which I thought eliminated the possibility of going to the game. Then I booked my flight and there was nothing direct except for an early Saturday morning flight until an evening flight. So now I'll get back with time to drive to the game for a 7:00 or later kickoff. So I may keep my options open.

Last edited:
I have been to FSU to see Wake play them on three separate occasions. One was at noon (2005 when Barclay put us up in the third quarter against #4 FSU), the other at 3:30 (2014 where we got curb stomped...it was depressing) and one was a night game (2006, the most beautiful ass-kicking I've seen in person). When they're good, I feel like later in the day hurts our chances and I think FSU is pretty good this year. I want them at noon on ABC, but guessing we get primetime night coverage if Wake beats Clemson and FSU survives BC this weekend.

Even if we both win I kinda doubt this game gets ABC primetime. It would help if FSU were ranked this week but they're not. Maybe only way I could see it is if Oklahoma (big fave at home vs K-st ... granted they've lost to them several times as a big fave) and Baylor (dog @ Iowa State) both lose.

Both winning would make the game too good for ACC Net too though, so I'd guess it slides into either the noon or 3:30 ABC slots

Both winning would make the game too good for ACC Net too though, so I'd guess it slides into either the noon or 3:30 ABC slots
You say that, but there was only one ACC game between ranked teams last year and it got ACCN.

Last edited:
True, but the combo of two undefeated teams with Wake off a huge W + FSU cachet seems like it would earn a more desirable slot

Last edited:
Seeing that it’s at 3:30 but no network I’ve seen. Guessing ABC

State-Clemson is primetime ABC and I’d assume Gameday.

Back