• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ FSU – Saturday 10/1 – 3:30 ABC

We await our kickoff time.

FSU might actually be decent this year. Go Deacs!
We have to win this game. My bookkeeper is die-hard Noles fan and every year we’ve beaten them our bet has been she has to hang my 30-0 scoreboard photo from Bowden days on the wall in front of her desk and computer for 30 days.

Jags are on the West Coast all week.

Jax is firmly in the cone now. Miami and New Orleans look like decent options that should be out of the action.

Wonder when they’d make the call. The track has been going further west every time. But you always want to be west of the eye so if the track keeps moving west it could be worse for Tallahassee (say an Apalachicola or Panama City landfall).

The state is already in a state of emergency.

Seems like whatever happens Tally is going to get hit hard Thursday into Friday morning. I'll add Tampa and Orlando as possible replacement sites if the track keeps going west.

Isn’t the equipment truck supposed to arrive 2 days ahead of the game? Feels like moving the game to Atlanta or DC makes more sense if they want a neutral site.

Isn’t the equipment truck supposed to arrive 2 days ahead of the game? Feels like moving the game to Atlanta or DC makes more sense if they want a neutral site.
Truck can drive all night as late as Thursday but the decision will be before then. Remember, the Money is TV, not gate so it will be played.

But where would they play in those cities? If they move it it will either be somewhere in Florida that will work with them or to Winston.

Atlanta won't do much good. Ian could be hitting that area on Saturday.

Miami looks like a good bet in FL. Orlando then Tampa next. The money is TV not gate, but they're not going play the game at some high school stadium.

I’m really doubting this game gets played in Tallahassee next Saturday. There are tons of other options including moving around games to make it happen later in the season (unlikely in my opinion), moving to a neutral site (difficult because other places have schedules), and moving to Winston (most likely IMO). Another option is if the storm looks like it won’t land until Friday then moving the game to Thursday.

Wake should offer to donate all Proceeds to the Red Cross and other relief efforts there.

I’m really doubting this game gets played in Tallahassee next Saturday. There are tons of other options including moving around games to make it happen later in the season (unlikely in my opinion), moving to a neutral site (difficult because other places have schedules), and moving to Winston (most likely IMO). Another option is if the storm looks like it won’t land until Friday then moving the game to Thursday.

Tallahassee is going to get pounded on Thursday night. That's a no go.

Truck can drive all night as late as Thursday but the decision will be before then. Remember, the Money is TV, not gate so it will be played.

Yeah, I would think the logistics are significant for moving a game like this. And to your point, it involves much more than an equipment truck.
Would be great to see it moved to a home game (then, we know God actually does love us) but I would give that a 5% chance of happening. My guess postponement.
I would think a decision would be required no later than Tuesday morning at the very latest.

For starters, if FSU comes here or a distant location, someone has to find a 737 and I would suspect that's a little tougher than using an Uber app.

Tallahassee is going to get pounded on Thursday night. That's a no go.
For sure that’s what it looks like now. I’m saying if it slows down and they make the call on Tuesday for instance.

Yeah, I would think the logistics are significant for moving a game like this. And to your point, it involves much more than an equipment truck.
Would be great to see it moved to a home game (then, we know God actually does love us) but I would give that a 5% chance of happening. My guess postponement.
I would think a decision would be required no later than Tuesday morning at the very latest.

The only way postponement works is moving it to Sunday or Monday. We don't have the same bye week and no chance to make the game up before the end of the season without having a week with 2 games, right?

Back