• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ FSU – Saturday 10/1 – 3:30 ABC

You also can't wait for a 3 day track either.

Oh yeah. That game is the first and only game I lucked in to a deacon tower box seat. It rained so much that game.
Yeah I think it wasn’t raining right at kickoff but when it did start my wife and another wife went to whatever Freddie B’s is called now and rode out the game there.

One of my sons works as an EMT/Paramedic and the problem you run into in these situations is the cascading effect from this type of an event. It's more than a Wake/FSU game. Tallahassee and many other parts of Florida will require police, rescue, hospitals, utilities and all kinds of logistical support that would be taken away to support a potential football game.

I just know this stuff gets complicated very quickly from a logistics perspective.

One of my sons works as an EMT/Paramedic and the problem you run into in these situations is the cascading effect from this type of an event. It's more than a Wake/FSU game. Tallahassee and many other parts of Florida will require police, rescue, hospitals, utilities and all kinds of logistical support that would be taken away to support a potential football game.

I just know this stuff gets complicated very quickly from a logistics perspective.

Yep. Not sure if they’re evacuating campus or if some campus facilities will be used as shelters as well.

I mean, from a selfish point of view, I'd much rather have the game in Orlando or Tampa than Tallahassee. Orlando is an easier daytrip and I can stay with my parents if it's in Tampa.

As for chartering an aircraft, it can be done fairly easily. Even if the game were moved to Winston, both FSU and Wake are using Delta this year, so it'd be pretty easy to move Wake's plane to an FSU charter.

If Rutgers can figure out the logistics during a Christmas week and a pandemic, of course we can make it work at short notice.

If Rutgers can figure out the logistics during a Christmas week and a pandemic, of course we can make it work at short notice.
This. And BYU added a game with Coastal 6 days ahead of time across the country in the height of Covid.

This is the most important game of the year. We get by with a win after an emotional hangover Vs. Clemson, we run the table the rest of the year. Bank it.
I think I agree with this. If we don't let the Clemson hangover beat us against FSU and win that game confidently, I like our chances to win out.

I think I agree with this. If we don't let the Clemson hangover beat us against FSU and win that game confidently, I like our chances to win out.
At State is going to be very tough and I’m not sure Clemson is going to lose 2 more. But I do like the chances of this team making a NY6 with a 10-2 record. Until we lose 2 more that is my goal.

At State is going to be very tough and I’m not sure Clemson is going to lose 2 more. But I do like the chances of this team making a NY6 with a 10-2 record. Until we lose 2 more that is my goal.
Is the idea that we'll be the 2nd highest rated ACC team so we get the Orange Bowl slot if Clemson goes to the CFP?

Moving the game anywhere other than WS doesn’t make sense. Moving the game to another date isn’t fair to either team.
No way would FSU agree to move a game as important as this to a road venue and no way in hell should Wake agree to a swap of home games. It would be sparsely attended with no notice and cost Wake a ton of money in ticket sales.

A neutral venue in Florida would make a lot of sense as FSU has enough support throughout the state to at least have some sort of homefield crowd. Citrus Bowl or Dolphins stadium or even Inter Miami's stadium could all work.

No way would FSU agree to move a game as important as this to a road venue and no way in hell should Wake agree to a swap of home games. It would be sparsely attended with no notice and cost Wake a ton of money in ticket sales.

A neutral venue in Florida would make a lot of sense as FSU has enough support throughout the state to at least have some sort of homefield crowd. Citrus Bowl or Dolphins stadium or even Inter Miami's stadium could all work.

Hard Rock Stadium does make a ton of sense here. It's already an ACC Stadium, Dolphins are at Cincy on TNF, Canes are off and it looks like the Miami/Lauderdale area is going to be spared from the storm. Orlando is still expected to get 6" of rain from Wednesday-Friday, so between having a field ready to play plus being able to have all the game day logistics figured out probably isn't happening up there.

Latest forecast.
cone graphic

Is the idea that we'll be the 2nd highest rated ACC team so we get the Orange Bowl slot if Clemson goes to the CFP?
That or just an at-large bid in general. It we go 10-2 with losses to State and Clemson then we’d be ranked high enough.

Wed morning will probably be decision but yes, lots of logistic scenarios are being mapped just as FEMA is staging. We are minor players on a big stage so let’s hope for safety all around.

That or just an at-large bid in general. It we go 10-2 with losses to State and Clemson then we’d be ranked high enough.
At-large NY6 not very likely this season, even at 10-2. This year, the Peach and the Fiesta are the two semi-final sites, so that means 7 of the 8 other spots are already spoken for (since no Group of 5 team is making the playoff this year). Sugar Bowl will be SEC/Big 12, Rose Bowl will be Pac-12/Big Ten, Orange Bowl will be ACC vs. Big Ten/SEC/Notre Dame, and the Cotton Bowl will be the Group of 5 team vs. the lone at-large. Hard for anyone to earn an at-large this year, and the Cotton Bowl is going to be looking for a big name team to sell tickets opposite that Group of 5 team if they can. Wisconsin and Penn State were the two teams to earn the at-large bids following the 2016 and 2019 seasons.

The only way I see us getting a NY-6 bid is by Clemson going undefeated, making the CFP and our winning out to finish 11-1. Then we get the ACC spot in the Orange Bowl

Last season, there were only 3 1-loss P5 teams. If we finish 11-1, we get the Orange Bowl if Clemson finishes 12-0 or if we win the ACCCG or the Cotton Bowl (at-large vs. at-large).

I actually think a 12-1 Wake ACC Champs can get into the CFP if the following happens:
  • Clemson goes 10-2 with two losses to State, FSU, or Cuse or Clemson finishes #1 13-0
  • State, FSU, and Cuse go undefeated against every team except each other (including Cuse beating ND)
  • SEC runner-up, Big XII, and Pac-12 champs have two losses

Last edited:
Back