• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ FSU – Saturday 10/1 – 3:30 ABC

IF this game gets moved to W-S, how do we think they’d handle tickets?

Logistically, I would think you would have to General Admission most of the building. Maybe have some short window for season ticket holders to buy their seats. The crunched timeline makes most options untenable.

another wrinkle is not just how Tally will be at kickoff but getting our team down there safely, equipment set up, etc. plus I would assume ABC sets up cameras and shit early.

Not an option at this point. Either the game is played as scheduled or Wake's bye week is bumped up two weeks and the FSU game is slotted for 10/22.

Things just never go our way. FSU will be healthier on 10/22 and may not be ranked by then…

I don't know. Wouldn't mind a week off to recover from Clemson. Also, would like to have Carson 100% for FSU receivers. A bye week this week might be good for WF.

True but a bye after Army was going to be nice too. Either way there are pros and cons.

Not an option at this point. Either the game is played as scheduled or Wake's bye week is bumped up two weeks and the FSU game is slotted for 10/22.

I can't see Clawson agreeing to the game being moved to another week. They plan the whole season around the schedule and it wouldn't be fair to change it now. But I can see it being moved to another location. If it isn't played this weekend then I don't see it being played.

I don't know how much power Clawson has to just say no in the face of a natural disaster
I would think he would have some say if moving the game to another location is an option and there seems to be some possibilities- Miami, Atlanta, Charlotte or WS could have the game.

I can't see Clawson agreeing to the game being moved to another week. They plan the whole season around the schedule and it wouldn't be fair to change it now. But I can see it being moved to another location. If it isn't played this weekend then I don't see it being played.
Agreed. Clawson is way too competitive and analytical to endanger his team's season. I mean i guess Currie could always overrule but then that creates enormous issues. No good options I see.

Agreed. Clawson is way too competitive and analytical to endanger his team's season. I mean i guess Currie could always overrule but then that creates enormous issues. No good options I see.
Exactly. At least everyone was in basically the same situation with all of the upheaval of the 2020 season. Moving this game to a different date would be a real disservice to both teams that have a lot to play for.

Clawson doesn't have a say if the schedule is revised because of a hurricane. If the game can't be played at FSU on Saturday, the ACC isn't going to move the game to Winston to appease Clawson. They will adjust the schedule whether Clawson or Norvell approve.

FWIW, if WF plays FSU on 10/22, FSU would have played NC State and Clemson the two prior weeks, and they could be even more banged up.

you can talk about what Clawson wants all day but what is your basis for saying he won't let it happen?

I don’t see any way we agree to move a home game for which tickets have already been sold.

I don’t see any way we agree to move a home game for which tickets have already been sold.
If the game isn't played this Saturday, I don't see it being played at all, which would cause havoc in the standings.

The logistics required to just pop up a game on a neutral site with 3 days prep time with a hurricane impacting travel all up and down the east coast seem a little steep. I think the schedule shuffle is the most likely outcome.

If it only included ACC schools then maybe, but it also includes Army.

Back