• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ FSU – Saturday 10/1 – 3:30 ABC

Yeah, I would think the logistics are significant for moving a game like this. And to your point, it involves much more than an equipment truck.
Would be great to see it moved to a home game (then, we know God actually does love us) but I would give that a 5% chance of happening. My guess postponement.
I would think a decision would be required no later than Tuesday morning at the very latest.
I don’t see how it’s postponed. We don’t share an open date, we both could theoretically be in the running for division champion so we can’t play it the weekend of the championship game, and postponing it would mean moving around the schedules of a bunch of other teams. I put it at less than 5% that the game doesn’t occur this week.

I’m really doubting this game gets played in Tallahassee next Saturday. There are tons of other options including moving around games to make it happen later in the season (unlikely in my opinion), moving to a neutral site (difficult because other places have schedules), and moving to Winston (most likely IMO). Another option is if the storm looks like it won’t land until Friday then moving the game to Thursday.

It would be wonderful to move it to Winston. Given how analytical and competitive Clawson can be, he's not just going to allow Currie to throw a date that can potentially screw up a championship season.

It would be wonderful to move it to Winston. Given how analytical and competitive Clawson can be, he's not just going to allow Currie to throw a date that can potentially screw up a championship season.
The only issue with that is that we also could potentially be facing hurricane issues by Saturday.

But would Currie and Clawson risk giving up a home game next season? Especially with only two OOC home games next year and going to Notre Dame.

Seems like another spot in FL is much more likely.

Miami has a bye next weekend. Since it’s already an ACC stadium that may be the most likely destination.

But would Currie and Clawson risk giving up a home game next season? Especially with only two OOC home games next year and going to Notre Dame.

I don’t think we’d have to give up a home game next year. On last second notice it’s not like we’d be making much at the gate for this one. FSU would just have to play in W-S twice. Too bad.

Yeah, as I posted above, I think Clawson will analyze the hell out of any potential move in this year or next year's schedule. One reason I love him as our coach.
I pray for the safety of all Floridians but I will say that a move could potentially help us significantly because it could take the crowd completely out of the game.

Edit to add: Would be very nice if Stan could have an impromptu interview with Currie tomorrow regarding this topic. I'm sure he's been on the phone most of the day.

But where would they play in those cities? If they move it it will either be somewhere in Florida that will work with them or to Winston.

Georgia Tech, Georgia State, and the Falcons are all away next week.

Oh where oh where could they play?

Yeah, I would think the logistics are significant for moving a game like this. And to your point, it involves much more than an equipment truck.
Would be great to see it moved to a home game (then, we know God actually does love us) but I would give that a 5% chance of happening. My guess postponement.
I would think a decision would be required no later than Tuesday morning at the very latest.

For starters, if FSU comes here or a distant location, someone has to find a 737 and I would suspect that's a little tougher than using an Uber app.

Well, if FSU come to Winston, I’m guessing Wake won’t need their charter to Tallahassee.

Georgia Tech, Georgia State, and the Falcons are all away next week.

Oh where oh where could they play?
What incentive do any of those have to do it? The gate will be minimal. It wouldn’t even pay for the people working. It doesn’t make much sense. Not to mention that if they can’t play in Tallahassee then they also can’t play in Atlanta.

The only issue with that is that we also could potentially be facing hurricane issues by Saturday.

whatever the storm does, by the time it gets to NC it will be just a big rainstorm, nothing that you'd postpone a game over.

What incentive do any of those have to do it? The gate will be minimal. It wouldn’t even pay for the people working. It doesn’t make much sense. Not to mention that if they can’t play in Tallahassee then they also can’t play in Atlanta.

Atlanta is one of the biggest cities for alumni for both of those schools. It might draw more fans than a GT game with the way they’ve been playing. A hurricane that would impact a game in Tallahassee on Saturday isn’t also impacting a game in Atlanta.

USF is home next week so Tampa is out. UCF is home but Camping World Stadium (Citrus Bowl) I free.

Well, if FSU come to Winston, I’m guessing Wake won’t need their charter to Tallahassee.
I guess. I know absolutely nothing about chartering jet aircraft. Maybe it's as simple as you state.

Atlanta is one of the biggest cities for alumni for both of those schools. It might draw more fans than a GT game with the way they’ve been playing. A hurricane that would impact a game in Tallahassee on Saturday isn’t also impacting a game in Atlanta.
It will likely impact Tallahassee on Thursday night and Friday which means it has a high probability of being directly over Atlanta on Saturday.

Didn’t we have a Wake-FSU home game in 2019 or so that had the results of a hurricane/tropical storm moving through? It rained the whole game and my friends and I were drenched but had fun. Believe Hartman played instead of Newman (this was Newman’s main season here where he was the week 1 starter).

It will likely impact Tallahassee on Thursday night and Friday which means it has a high probability of being directly over Atlanta on Saturday.
No way anyone is deciding based upon a 6 day track. By then it could be over JVille, Charleston, Charlotte, ATL or Biloxi. Yes, agree the landfall damage will be biggest concern in FL.

No way anyone is deciding based upon a 6 day track. By then it could be over JVille, Charleston, Charlotte, ATL or Biloxi. Yes, agree the landfall damage will be biggest concern in FL.
We may not hear for a few days but I guarantee that the contingency plans are already in place based on likely paths.

Didn’t we have a Wake-FSU home game in 2019 or so that had the results of a hurricane/tropical storm moving through? It rained the whole game and my friends and I were drenched but had fun. Believe Hartman played instead of Newman (this was Newman’s main season here where he was the week 1 starter).
I remember a Syracuse one recently that was disgusting but we won like 28-6.

Oh yeah. That game is the first and only game I lucked in to a deacon tower box seat. It rained so much that game.

Back