• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ FSU – Saturday 10/1 – 3:30 ABC

I’ll throw out a guess that we play in Tallahassee, but not until Sunday or Monday. Then have to turn around and play Army on short rest — maybe that gets pushed back a day if we play Monday before it, but I sort of doubt it.

I’ll throw out a guess that we play in Tallahassee, but not until Sunday or Monday. Then have to turn around and play Army on short rest — maybe that gets pushed back a day if we play Monday before it, but I sort of doubt it.

I'm not saying your guess is wrong but I could see Clawson and Norvell raising holy hell over that idea. Others have said the coaches have no say. Perhaps not a final say but you know Clawson has Currie's ear and Currie is listening and relaying Wake's stance on the matter to the ACC HQ. I'm sure same for FSU.

I can't see Clawson agreeing to the game being moved to another week. They plan the whole season around the schedule and it wouldn't be fair to change it now. But I can see it being moved to another location. If it isn't played this weekend then I don't see it being played.

Can we stop with this narrative that Clawson is some sort of micro-managing, inflexible analytics ninja when it comes to scheduling? JFC it's a Hurricane...of course we will be accommodating to whatever schedule change gets the game in with the safety of all parties considered. Not to mention it's not his decision anyway.

Can we stop with this narrative that Clawson is some sort of micro-managing, inflexible analytics ninja when it comes to scheduling? JFC it's a Hurricane...of course we will be accommodating to whatever schedule change gets the game in with the safety of all parties considered. Not to mention it's not his decision anyway.
Playing Army on an extremely short week IS considering the safety of all parties. I see no chance that happens.

I hope state beats Clem, we win out (including taking state out of the top 10), then let a Cards, cuse, surprise give clemson, state and FSU a second loss. Let the coastal beat each other all year.

Coworker's son is in the FSU band. He's expecting to hear in the hour if they cancel classes for the week.

New College of Florida (Sarasota) and USF (Tampa, St. Pete, Sarasota) have already canceled classes for the week. UCF, UF, and FSU haven't made any announcements yet.

I think Sunday in Tallahassee is how this ends up but what do I know lol 🤷‍♂️ . There are no good options here and whatever happens someone's going to be pissed off.

Last edited:
I would be astounded if our game was moved to a Sunday. I think that's the least likely of options.

how bout we just say, sorry bros, we're not the ones located in a hurricane-infested state, we'll just take the W. (note: I know NC gets hurricanes).

how bout we just say, sorry bros, we're not the ones located in a hurricane-infested state, we'll just take the W. (note: I know NC gets hurricanes).
One pro team named their team after hurricanes. Another named their mascot after a hurricane.

I think Sunday is definitely possible if there's not a ton of damage, students are still on campus, and classes are still scheduled on Monday. ESPN can put it on the deuce at noon or something.

One pro team named their team after hurricanes. Another named their mascot after a hurricane.

I think Sunday is definitely possible if there's not a ton of damage, students are still on campus, and classes are still scheduled on Monday. ESPN can put it on the deuce at noon or something.
Heck, I'm seeing ABC as "local programming" from 1130-3 on Sunday before an MLS game. No reason not to throw it up on ABC.

Yeah. That works.

Isn’t there some strange rule about NCAA football broadcasts and NFL broadcasts, does the no NFL competing on Friday and Saturday go the same way with college football on Sunday. I know during covid there was a game but I think it had to be played at like 9am.

Isn’t there some strange rule about NCAA football broadcasts and NFL broadcasts, does the no NFL competing on Friday and Saturday go the same way with college football on Sunday. I know during covid there was a game but I think it had to be played at like 9am.
they overlap on Thursdays

There have been Sunday make up games before.

Back