• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ FSU – Saturday 10/1 – 3:30 ABC

Anyone else with our record last year who lost no guys, plus this year, would be top 10. Even us getting close to Clemson created a false narrative that they didn’t come to play. I’m convinced it doesn’t matter.
I don’t think you’re wrong. I’m just saying how it is and what we will have to do. We have to show we can beat the big boys. Clawson knows that too.

Waking up today is much better than last Sunday, when the gut punch of the Clemson loss hit me before my feet even hit the floor. But there's still a twinge of "what if" regret thinking of where we'd be right now if we were 2-0 ACC, but who knows if the motivation of going to FSU would have been the same coming off of "the biggest win in program history".
So going to enjoy this one today, bracketed by some NFL, a nap, maybe some Sanderson Farms golf.

well i do have some yard work to do, maybe this game will let me get to it today instead of tomorrow
Skimming thru the early posts from yesterday, and this one probably applies to many of us longtime (long suffering?) Wake fans over the years. Can't tell you how many times I've started out watching a game, we get off to a slow/bad start, I go outside to do yard work and hopefully simultaneously change the Deac's karma, give it 30 min.-1 hr. before coming back in to nervously check the score.

In thinking about yesterdays game I can’t help but think about the two catches by Keshawn. The first being the play where he just bullied through and past three Seminoles to get a first down it looked like he had no shot at, and the second being him going over top of the defender to prevent a pick and extend the drive. And his catch vs Liberty, and the onside recovery. We very well may lose both these games if not for him stepping up and making extraordinary plays in clutch moments. Kid is an absolute stud.

In thinking about yesterdays game I can’t help but think about the two catches by Keshawn. The first being the play where he just bullied through and past three Seminoles to get a first down it looked like he had no shot at, and the second being him going over top of the defender to prevent a pick and extend the drive. And his catch vs Liberty, and the onside recovery. We very well may lose both these games if not for him stepping up and making extraordinary plays in clutch moments. Kid is an absolute stud.
I was telling someone yesterday that on many Wake teams, he would be the top WR. But this year he is maybe 4th best. We are absolutely loaded with AT, Donovan, Jahmal, Taylor, Keshawn.

Key is the best pro prospect in that group.

Lol the ticker below the state Clemson game says “fsu rally falls short vs wake.”

What fucking rally are they alluding too?

This morning under College Football Final it says “FSU trailed 28-7” and then gives Jordan Travis’ stat line.

I was telling someone yesterday that on many Wake teams, he would be the top WR. But this year he is maybe 4th best. We are absolutely loaded with AT, Donovan, Jahmal, Taylor, Keshawn.
Banks and Williams looking like the next two "outstanding students" in the Higgins Wide Receiver Finishing School.

If you doubt there is an alternate universe, head over to Warchant or YouTube Warchant. Some of these FSU people are beyond delusional:

Wake just isn't a good team, FSU played poorly and Wake runs a "goofy" offense. There's much more. Last I checked the "goofy" offense hung 28 straight points on their asses.

Honestly, I get tired of all the praise and criticisms of the slow mesh. It's an RPO with a longer mesh point. That's it. Maybe I'm just used to it, but it's not as exotic as people say it is. It's just another way of saying LOWF wins with smoke and mirrors.

I re-watched the game (condensed version) this morning. We got huge contributions from transfers in Kobie Turner and Jaeger Bull. Turner was a monster against the run. Bull had a dropped pass and what appeared to be a missed assignment early, but made a couple of important catches. He also threw an awesome block on the Ellison touchdown run.

Honestly, I get tired of all the praise and criticisms of the slow mesh. It's an RPO with a longer mesh point. That's it. Maybe I'm just used to it, but it's not as exotic as people say it is. It's just another way of saying LOWF wins with smoke and mirrors.
Wake runs slow mesh,on 20% of their plays.

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't thought of how much he's contributed.

Yep, the same narrative that was used when Grobe had us winning too.

Back