• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

marsh is solid offensively just as a dunker, but man is it tough to justify playing a big who offers no rim protection.

marsh is solid offensively just as a dunker, but man is it tough to justify playing a big who offers no rim protection.
Agree. Our defense will continue to suffer if we don’t add that element.

At least Marsh was our best defensive rebounder. Without that his impact defensively would have been far worse.

I'm wondering who Forbes would choose if it were between a stretch 5 and rim protector. A rim protector would likely provide consistency on the offensive end with Marsh, considering he would just be a pick setter and paint sitter. Meanwhile a stretch 5 obviously stretches the court and opens up driving lanes. I don't think too many Dallas Waltons are floating around the portal that can do both and are willing to come to Wake.

Last edited:
I think he views Keller & Carr as capable stretch 5s... Need rim protection & physicality.

not a lot of centers in the portal so far

just Fardaws Aimaq, Lampkin, Pohto, and Alex Timmerman

i feel like all the haters have been hating since i've been on the boards. most of the time, it ends up looking pretty stupid but we have no shame on these here ogboards
I mean, the haters have been right. Our team has sucked for almost the entirety of the time that OGboards has been in existence.

Oof. That is another way of putting it that I really just don't care for.

I mean, the haters have been right. Our team has sucked for almost the entirety of the time that OGboards has been in existence.
yea but we've had some nice players who some folks on here want to run out of town because they didn't hit the ground running as freshmen

If my math is right, currently we have 2 open scholarships given who has officially entered the portal:

Gone: DW, Appleby, Taylor, McCray, Open Scholarship that we already have (5)
In: Clark, MMM, Friedrichsen (3)

Would guess Bradford is the next domino to fall, giving us 3. Not sure if there is one more move after that, but it seems like every year there is a surprise.

Time to get to work in the portal and get some ballers.

1A and 1B are a PG and a center capable of starting (or at least giving 20-25 mins)

After that I think we try to get the best player possible with a preference to a guard who can handle the ball. Obviously if a 4th slot opens up then it frees us up a bit.
My sentiments exactly.

I would be very disappointed. I seem to be higher on Keller than the vast majority of the board. He's got quick hands on defense, can actually shoot, and has great size. Big guys take time to develop. He's going to be an excellent player for us if he stays.
Nothing wrong with optimism, imho he better take a big step forward. To me he looked lost and over-matched, not to mention weak. Sincerely hope you are right.

I don’t think we need a stretch 5 at all. If we want to go small ball then we just put Carr in there. We need a big body who blocks shit.

Answered right below that post. Your hyperbole is misplaced.
Averaged 3.5 ppg and 2.75 rpg over the last 4 games. With a limited roster and his competition (Bradford) essentially off the team. I'm sure he'll improve, but I'm not confident it'll be enough.

I don’t think we need a stretch 5 at all. If we want to go small ball then we just put Carr in there. We need a big body who blocks shit.
Yeah, we need a bigboy 5 who can either block shit and board or muscle people up defensively and board. We have enough guys that can shoot the 3 that our C doesn't need to do that. If he has a FT distance jumper, that's awesome.

Carr at the 5 can work in stretches, particularly with Klintman at the 4

Barring an infusion, Klintman will be our best defensive and offensive rebounder next year

Back