• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Best thing for Klintman would be for a healthy Monsanto to come back... That way, Klintman can excel at all of the stat-stuffing things that he does very well (rebounding, blocking shots, etc), but he can be efficient with his scoring (where I think he'll still look pretty raw next season).

3's and dunks/putbacks.

that's the second best thing

the best thing for Klintman would be for Klintman to come back (I haven't heard anything other than the NBA draft stuff you have posted...but I am a Wake Forest fan)

I love Klintman' s potential. But this reminds me of people blowing up Monsanto last offseason and then freaking out about him early in the year.

Vytas was consistently solid but I never remember watching him and thinking he had superstar potential.

Forbes better enter next season with the expectation it will be Klintman's last. We don't need him to be caught off guard when he bounces after two seasons.
It would be terrific if somebody could cut off Sam Vecenie’s internet access. We don’t need this dude compiling 3 minute highlight videos of our guy.

I love Klintman' s potential. But this reminds me of people blowing up Monsanto last offseason and then freaking out about him early in the year.

For sure.

But I expected Monsanto to have a more complete offensive game after shedding some weight and being 100% back from his injury. He was a more dynamic scorer at ETSU (not just a 3pt shooter) and an elite rebounder. He's actually a better 3pt shooter than I thought he'd be, but the rest of his game didn't come around as well as I'd hoped.

With Bobi, the tools are all there... He's just young and raw. A summer in the weight room and with this staff and he should be much improved next season. At the very least, I'd expect him to perform like he did from 1/31/23 on... That was when he played 33 minutes vs. Duke after 4 games of single digit minutes. From that point, he played at least 20mpg (30+ in the last 5 games).

If he's not playing 25+mpg next season, I'll be surprised/disappointed.

Monsanto-Klintman is going to be the most deadly wing duo in the league next year assuming both come back.

Unfortunately for Monsanto he's had a setback nearly every season. At the time of his injury he was easily the 2nd best player on the team, had improved his shot selection, was understated on defense, and flashed the midrange/driving game ATS is eluding to. That is a stride that by all accounts he likely would have hit a month or two earlier had tragedy not struck. He was so close to being the stud we all know he can be before this latest injury. Hopefully he stays positive through what has been an unimaginably challenging past few years.

Seriously. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here...
If Monsanto hadn't gotten injured and had led us to a deeper run in the ACCT then possible NIT/ NCAAT games with his numbers he was putting up, I could definitely have seen him leaving early. Same with Klintman. If he makes the jump typical of a freshman to sophomore and is able to have a healthy season, it is not unreasonable at all to think he's gone after next year. Just too much talent and potential combined with a good frame.

MMM MMM MMM MMM

0ed9a28b0deb3962b3251d4c5502249c.png

If Monsanto wasn’t injured against NC State, he would have probably declared for the draft and made a team. People were rightly excited about him. He’s a sniper from deep.

So, if peole are just as right about the excitement surrounding Klintman as they were about Monsanto, I’d be pumped.

ETA: I think Bobi will be good next year and make a jump, but if he stuck around for three years and keeps developing along the way, that’s when I’d personally be freaking out about his potential. More responding to say the excitement about Monsanto was justified and was mostly correct.

If Monsanto wasn’t injured against NC State, he would have probably declared for the draft and made a team. People were rightly excited about him. He’s a sniper from deep.

So, if peole are just as right about the excitement surrounding Klintman as they were about Monsanto, I’d be pumped.

ETA: I think Bobi will be good next year and make a jump, but if he stuck around for three years and keeps developing along the way, that’s when I’d personally be freaking out about his potential. More responding to say the excitement about Monsanto was justified and was mostly correct.
Made what team? A g-league team? Monsanto is definitely a sniper from deep but there's also a lot of film of him making boneheaded decisions that wouldn't play in the NBA. He defintely has the potential to play in the NBA though.

with bobi and monsanto wake will be good if not great. cam and marsh too. fill in some gaps with portal and boom
i'm pumped.

Back