• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

For the SEC challenge:

WF was the 8th-best team in the ACC standings, #9 based on KP.

the 8th-best team in the SEC standings was Florida. Teams 8-10 based on KP were Missouri, Florida, Vanderbilt

Tangent, but I wonder if we'd get UF/FSU? I think they play every year anyway, so probably not. Maybe we get UF/Miami?

Feels pretty natural to pair us w/ Vandy for the first edition of this thing. Would be fun to get Tennessee (given Forbes's history there), but that's probably not happening this time around.

one of the many crummy things about expansion is that it (along with the lost decade) has moved us further south in the conference pecking order for preseason tournaments.

WF used to be behind Duke/UNC but solidly in that next tier along with GT/State/Maryland/UVA...now we get bypassed in favor of Cuse and UL on name recognition, and UVA and Miami on on-court performance.
I've posted this before, but a few years ago I was talking with the Maui Invitational Tournament Chairman (Dave Odom) at the tourney and asked him when Wake would be back - he said he had recently talked to Currie about it and told him 'the Maui Invitational is a reward, and right now you don't deserve it.'

Let's be honest - that situation hasn't changed.

I've posted this before, but a few years ago I was talking with the Maui Invitational Tournament Chairman (Dave Odom) at the tourney and asked him when Wake would be back - he said he had recently talked to Currie about it and told him 'the Maui Invitational is a reward, and right now you don't deserve it.'

and Syracuse does?

Regardless of the basketball, can you imagine moving from Sweden to Wichita, Kansas at 18 years old?

Maybe that is the reason to enter the portal

we deserved it in 2015 coming off four years of Buzz suckitude?

and Syracuse does?

Syracuse being a major public university, with the name of a state on their jerseys, must explain it.

Ok removed my thumbs up on Pohto…

5.7 rpg
0.7 bpg
62% FT

All in 27mpg

I just don’t see him as an improvement

I suspect more front end loaded than it has been the last couple of years because players realize there aren’t spot for everyone.

Justin McCoy and Tyler Nickel are the first two to transfer out of UNC.

We just missed on McCoy the first time... Interested again as a grad transfer? Or better for him to go to a lower level? I wonder if regrets going to UNC and barely playing.

Nickel was a guy we recruited, as well.

Justin McCoy and Tyler Nickel are the first two to transfer out of UNC.

We just missed on McCoy the first time... Interested again as a grad transfer? Or better for him to go to a lower level? I wonder if regrets going to UNC and barely playing.

Nickel was a guy we recruited, as well.
Is there anyone who has ever played at 3 different Acc schools?

Back