• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

I'm sure there are people like Strick who think Boopie and McCray are at similar levels because they don't like Boopie's assist numbers. Enjoy your opinions.

This is a legitimately nuts thing to post.

I love Boopie, you donk.

This is a legitimately nuts thing to post.

I love Boopie, you donk

I thought you'd grasp the irony of my response since you said I was "pretending" on McCray. I saw the kid play high school ball, donk. Same coach who worked with Childress was a fan of his.

Went right over your head, but the bottom line is you're arguing against Forbes since he was the one who could have kept McCray and chose not to. What is it you want anyway, McCray to transfer back to Wake as a backup? Who wouldn't want that? Unless that might actually happen the only point of discussing McCray is to suggest his numbers would translate here and we should have kept him or he was mismanaged or whatever. It's all just noise, hope the kid finds the right spot.

You get 13 roster spots. Would you rather have had McCray or Canka/Ituka/Clark? Thanks basically what we’re talking about. Obviously in hindsight, we’d rather have kept McCray.

Forbes doesn’t have a crystal ball, but he’s not above mild criticism for letting the dude walk.

I was kind of an Ituka skeptic. (Marist to Wake is a bonkers jump in terms of talent.)

But still, good point.

McCray would have been gone before Canka, though, so I think I keep McCray and net Canka when Bobi leaves?

I think most people agree that we would have rather had McCray and Taylor than Canka and Clark.

But in today’s transfer world, I also doubt they wanted to stick around another year knowing they were behind

Cam
Monsanto
Boopie
Jao
Incoming portal addition (who turned out to be Sallis)

And fighting with Parker for playing time.

I think it will continue to be difficult to convince people to stick around and be depth pieces when they can go play somewhere else.

The irony of giving up on clark to pine for a player you gave up in is thick. I’m excited about clark and hope he stays.

Clark has good size, could be a good defender.

And we need some defenders.

Clark, like Keller and 3M needs to live in the weight room this off season.

Marsh OTOH is plenty strong, but he lacks the ability to snatch defensive boards.

Keller gets in good position for defensive boards, puts his hands up, but lacks explosiveness to the ball. Struggles to snatch.

I was kind of an Ituka skeptic. (Marist to Wake is a bonkers jump in terms of talent.)

But still, good point.

McCray would have been gone before Canka, though, so I think I keep McCray and net Canka when Bobi leaves?
Marist was 207 in KP Ituka's lone year there, with the #246 SOS, and he made Second Team All-Conference in his first year of college basketball.

Jacksonville was 276 in KP with McCray there this year, with the #278 SOS, and he made Third Team All-Conference in his third year of college basketball.

Marist was 207 in KP Ituka's lone year there, with the #246 SOS, and he made Second Team All-Conference in his first year of college basketball.

Jacksonville was 276 in KP with McCray there this year, with the #278 SOS, and he made Third Team All-Conference in his third year of college basketball.

Sure

But only one of them has declared for the nba draft

Marsh is SECOND on the team in rebounds per minute played at 0.228. Reid is first at 0.285 and Carr third at 0.207. Everyone else is below 0.2 rebounds per minute.
For further reference: MMM 0.186, Keller 0.183, Monsanto 0.175, and Hildreth 0.136.

70% of Marsh's rebounds this year have been on the defensive end. This percentage is on par with Reid and Carr.

Marsh may not be a great rebounder, but if he is bad, so is everyone else on Wake's team.

I believe Marsh's defensive ability is similarly undervalued by many here largely because DJ Burns torched him last year.
DJ Burns also lit up all-ACC defensive first team Armando Bacot in the recent ACC championship game.

Again, Marsh may not be a great defender, but he is not terrible either.

Marsh is SECOND on the team in rebounds per minute played at 0.228. Reid is first at 0.285 and Carr third at 0.207. Everyone else is below 0.2 rebounds per minute.
For further reference: MMM 0.186, Keller 0.183, Monsanto 0.175, and Hildreth 0.136.

70% of Marsh's rebounds this year have been on the defensive end. This percentage is on par with Reid and Carr.

Marsh may not be a great rebounder, but if he is bad, so is everyone else on Wake's team.

The fact that we have a seven footer who was our second best rebounder per minutes played, who still struggled to earn those minutes played, tells you everything you need to know.

I wish so badly he would somehow improve his lateral foot speed, and add strength, and really untap his potential on the defensive end.

To be fair, Wake IS bad as a team rebounding offensively. Some of that is scheme with some focus on Iso, but a lot of it is skill set in that area.

My God. Could we stop talking about McCray? Dude couldn’t get on the court and transferred. On to better prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that we have a seven footer who was our second best rebounder per minutes played, who still struggled to earn those minutes played, tells you everything you need to know.

I wish so badly he would somehow improve his lateral foot speed, and add strength, and really untap his potential on the defensive end.
He looks like he added a ton of strength over the last two years but it doesn’t seem to be changing much.

Arguening about which players you want to ride your bench is pretty on brand.

Back