• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Marsh OTOH is plenty strong, but he lacks the ability to snatch defensive boards.

Keller gets in good position for defensive boards, puts his hands up, but lacks explosiveness to the ball. Struggles to snatch.

Keller has the worst rebounding instincts for a big that I've ever seen. Not sure we are watching the same player. He's utterly lost out there most of the time. The best thing he seems to have is lateral quickness.

Keller has the worst rebounding instincts for a big that I've ever seen. Not sure we are watching the same player. He's utterly lost out there most of the time. The best thing he seems to have is lateral quickness.

And height.

He's in position to get boards but never gets them. Thus, he's an awful rebounder.

We're saying the same thing, essentially, but he does turn and attempt to box out, and then fails repeatedly.

Rebounding is truly a weakness for this team, no doubt. Keller, as with Marsh, are just not boxing out and find themselves in the wrong position. I will say that Keller I feel always gives 100%! This might be a big man coach issue as much as the players.

Believe it our not, state schools provide just as good an education as Wake. Many state school grads become just as successful. Hell, the richest person in NC went to State for Christ sakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Against my better judgment I'm going to engage you on this. If you didn't go to Wake, then what qualifies you to make this statement? People can be successful at any number of colleges. Or no college at all. But I don't really think you can confidently speak about the education that Wake provides.

Against my better judgment I'm going to engage you on this. If you didn't go to Wake, then what qualifies you to make this statement? People can be successful at any number of colleges. Or no college at all. But I don't really think you can confidently speak about the education that Wake provides.

I didn’t go to Wake but Forbes lists Wake as the 86th best school in the US, behind numerous state schools, including UNC and NC State. US News ranks Wake as the 47th best.

I didn’t go to Wake but Forbes lists Wake as the 86th best school in the US, behind numerous state schools, including UNC and NC State. US News ranks Wake as the 47th best.

I mean Forbes also listed Kylie Jenner as the youngest self made billionaire and up until this year, Wake ranked from 23-30ish in USNWR. I’m not sure what the point of bashing Wake as an institution is on a Wake message board. I didn’t see anyone being elitist. It’s a good school and that is something many of us take pride in. You thought it was a waste of money and didn’t go? Good for you. But you’re doing exactly what you alleged you’re offended by when you act like you’re too savvy to have spent money on Wake.

Last edited:
I mean Forbes also listed Kylie Jenner as the youngest self made bullionaire and up until this year, Wake ranked from 23-30ish in USNWR. I’m not sure what the point of bashing Wake as an institution is on a Wake message board. I didn’t see anyone being elitist. It’s a good school and that is something many of us take pride in. You thought it was a waste of money and didn’t go? Good for you. But you’re doing exactly what you alleged you’re offended by when you act like you’re too savvy to have spent money on Wake.

I didn’t bash Wake at all. I was pretty clear that I think Wake is a good school. And there have been plenty of posts on this board where grads have made comments like we may have lost but you will be working for me someday.

I was pretty clear that I think Wake is a good school. And there have been plenty of posts on this board where grads have made comments like we may have lost but you will be working for me someday.

Agree and I’m right with you that those are insane/classist/crazy, etc. I just didn’t see those recently in this thread so wasn’t sure on the point of kicking us while we’re down.

Agree and I’m right with you that those are insane/classist/crazy, etc. I just didn’t see those recently in this thread so wasn’t sure on the point of kicking us while we’re down.

There were plenty made to me when we put up the Buzz Out billboards. Tigers wood dig was a reference to one.There are some on here that just want to be absolute dicks.

Rebounding is truly a weakness for this team, no doubt. Keller, as with Marsh, are just not boxing out and find themselves in the wrong position. I will say that Keller I feel always gives 100%! This might be a big man coach issue as much as the players.

We were the 2nd best defensive rebounding team in the ACC. We were not great on the o-boards but that is mostly a scheme choice in the effort not to give up transition.

Go on any school’s message board and you are going to get posts alluding to how that school is better than others. We don’t need multiple posts complaining about it.

For the record (maybe it's cuz I'm on vacation) I dis not see his comment as a shot at wake. More a shot at people who make fun of public school filth. Then again, I'm public school filth.

Marist was 207 in KP Ituka's lone year there, with the #246 SOS, and he made Second Team All-Conference in his first year of college basketball.

Jacksonville was 276 in KP with McCray there this year, with the #278 SOS, and he made Third Team All-Conference in his third year of college basketball.

Yeah, but Jao was an undersized combo guard who played below the rim. Give me the athlete every time. Anyway this is a silly convo.

2024-2025 is gonna be known as the Dawn of Canka

We demand a recount!

How in the hell does a school fall from USNWR 20's to 40's in just one year!? The fix is in!!

We demand a recount!

How in the hell does a school fall from USNWR 20's to 40's in just one year!? The fix is in!!

giphy.gif

Back