• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Part of me thinks VT isn't going to adapt to the NIL world, specifically in basketball.

I think the be below average in the NIL world in football, too. This is solely because a couple of my friends who went to school there have heard chatter from a few of their main boosters that they're heavily against it all.
Can tell you that Hokie Nation is convinced they are back in football. It's verging on extreme delusion --- as in they are talking making the CFB playoff. VT has always been a football first school, and now with moderate progress for the Hokies last season, basketball is a distant second, and that includes NIL spending. Not trying to derail this thread, but the VT FB schedule is really soft (their Power IV OOC game is Vanderbilt); so, you never know.

Can see a bidding war for Kidd, with a school like KY, TN or KS (maybe even UNC with Bacot finally leaving) out-spending others.

Yeah this is what I'd guess for Kidd as well. Dynamic player, wants a bigger stage and NIL deal, can run with Kentucky or another fast-paced team. He'll go somewhere big and we'll see him in the Sweet 16 next year with us.

Boopie - 33
Cam - 34
Portal wing - 25
Carr - 33
Reid - 32

Parker - 10
Marion - 8
Juke - 8
Portal Guard - 12
Portal Big - 15

Done
I think it's way way more likely that we only get two portal guys and both Juke/Parker have way higher minutes than this

AKA "Pay up, Hokies"
gif.gif

If parker and Juke combine for 18 MPG next year I'd be fucking shocked. That's the same amount they combined for this year LOL

Creamy you think Parker’s minutes will go down by 40%?
I think if we are going to be the team we want to be then we need a couple athletic, physical, skilled guys to take some of his minutes. He wouldn't have played nearly as many as he didn't this year if we had a healthy Monsanto.

I think it's way way more likely that we only get two portal guys and both Juke/Parker have way higher minutes than this
I don't know about Juke. I have lofty expectations but we haven't had a freshman play legit minutes for a good team in quite some time. Parker played outta necessity this year. We had zero bench

I think we gotta go get a portal PG who is okay with a bench role for what should be a tourney team. Ideally a veteran who can distribute and protect the ball.

If Sallis is gone, I think we have to bring in a big portal name who can give us 25+ mpg as a go-to guy along with Boopie and Cam.

If we are relying on Efton and Carr as our only legit post players this year then we are in trouble. That's why I think we get a portal Big as well.

Also, about Parker's minutes going down 40%...10 minutes is just spitballing. I don't think his minutes will increase this year unless he makes a very big jump. I see Parker as a spark off the bench for a good team, which I hope we are.

Could I be wrong? Sure. I usually am.

What's funny is that everyone is saying traditional big men are dead and big men need to be able to play on the perimeter, and yet what we really want and need is a traditional strong 4 bruiser who will muscle people out, defend, and get boards. And it's been our top need for at least two years now.

I think if we are going to be the team we want to be then we need a couple athletic, physical, skilled guys to take some of his minutes. He wouldn't have played nearly as many as he didn't this year if we had a healthy Monsanto.

I would characterize Juke as athletic, physical, and skilled. Obviously you never know with freshmen but his build is college ready nearly in the Chaundee Brown mold

Yes, please....

6-6 guard that can shoot and take it to the rack. As close to Sallis as you will find:

Vandy has to be the favorite, but no one can sell "We will get you ready for the NBA" better than WF.

ehh I could maybe see like 10-8 or whatever (or 11-9 if we’re sticking with a 20-game schedule) but yea I agree with your underlying point that this roster is likely to finish round the same place.

Back