• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ Louisville – Sat 10/29 – 3:30 ACCN

Doesn't seem like a surprising way for fans to react to a coach who accused their program of cheating.
He didn't accuse L'ville of cheating. He caught them cheating. The WF playbook was in the L'ville football facility.

Was tooling around the L'ville message boards, and while there is a fair amount of respect for Sam Hartman, man, L'ville fans spew a lot of hate on Clawson. Shocking to me.

They claim that all Clawson does is cry to the reffs and that WF runs a junk offense, which somehow the WF staff deserves no credit for. Almost like WF has just luck boxed into the current run of success. They also have no clue that WF has a new defensive coordinator this year. While I'm obviously partial to DC, really surprised that no respect is offered to Coach Clawson for building the WF program.

Guess its a good sign when opposing fans hate your coach.
they're just mad they won't have the playbook anymore

Was tooling around the L'ville message boards, and while there is a fair amount of respect for Sam Hartman, man, L'ville fans spew a lot of hate on Clawson. Shocking to me.

They claim that all Clawson does is cry to the reffs and that WF runs a junk offense, which somehow the WF staff deserves no credit for. While I'm obviously partial to DC, really surprised that no respect is offered to DC for building the WF program.

Fine with me. We keep winning and we won't be everyone's second favorite team anymore, which is just fine with me.

Big state school fans don't like it when their program is in the dumps and a small, private school is having success. The cognitive dissonance in their tiny brains is just too much to process. It's the same with Kirk, et al. We could go on the greatest CFB streak in history and it wouldn't change a single thing. Schools like Wake Forest shouldn't be good at football so they invent reasons why we really aren't. I mean I can see why some of these schools' fanbases would have a hard time identifying with and understanding a program that recruits and develops players, has a coaching staff of substance and not just hype, whose players go to class and represent the university well, and who play smart, innovative football.

my favorite knock on our program this year is that we have a bunch of seniors who have been around forever.

He didn't accuse L'ville of cheating. He caught them cheating. The WF playbook was in the L'ville football facility.

Yep, and when I got into it a bit with a Louisville fan a few years ago at the Lamar Jackson game (when Dortch got injured), I reminded him that they’d stolen our playbook. His retort was, “No, you stole our playbook.” Projection and/or ignorance. His mind just couldn’t accept reality.

my favorite knock on our program this year is that we have a bunch of seniors who have been around forever.
I hope they are ready to keep repeating that line for the next 2 decades 😂

it feels elitist saying this but whatevs. when we were in the OB we stayed at the Days Inn South Beach which had a million Wake students in it, but a bunch of adult UL fans. whereas all the adult Wake fans were staying in the actually nice South Beach hotels. but hey, it was cheap and beachfront.

DC also let Matt Colburn run all over their ass after they pulled their scholarship offer.

Yep, and when I got into it a bit with a Louisville fan a few years ago at the Lamar Jackson game (when Dortch got injured), I reminded him that they’d stolen our playbook. His retort was, “No, you stole our playbook.” Projection and/or ignorance. His mind just couldn’t accept reality.

You should expect ignorance from a school that hired Petrino twice.

They claim that all Clawson does is cry to the reffs and that WF runs a junk offense, which somehow the WF staff deserves no credit for. Almost like WF has just luck boxed into the current run of success. They also have no clue that WF has a new defensive coordinator this year. While I'm obviously partial to DC, really surprised that no respect is offered to Coach Clawson for building the WF program.

Absolutely. Never good when your coach is liked by opposing programs/coaches/fans. See redacted, mannequin and K. First 2 were loved and the other was hated.

You could tell that point is really irking Clawson. He had a pretty snarky comment about it in his post game presser about how we’ll come back to earth next year after our 15th year seniors are gone. Love that he’s not afraid to call out the bullshit.

Are Louisville fans still mad that the refs put a second back on the clock to let Sciba kick that FG? Might be a fun time to go remind them of that if they've forgotten.
They love to bring this up, yet they go silent when you tell them CBS recovered that onside kick in 2019.

Yeah. "Clawson just has a gimmick offense and a bunch of seniors" = Wake has a high power offense and good player development.

I'm worried a bit about this one. Road game against a mobile QB. I'm hoping our D continues to improve and shows that they've turned a page and won't let Cunningham look like the second coming of Vince Young. Would be nice to get Anderson back this week to add a little more depth in the defensive back field.

Getting Carson back is infinitely more important for the improvement of his defense than Andersen.

Anderson is nice Debs to have, but getting Carson back really boosts the ability of our secondary. and our troubles have been on the outside much more than that safety.

We should just lay low, not visit any message boards and not give them any extra motivation or bulletin board junk. Just shhhhhhh....get in...get the win...get out.

I really need to start betting. Would have won on the Clemson - FSU game and obviously like Wake laying the points here.

Back