• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ Louisville – Sat 10/29 – 3:30 ACCN

Our defense is getting better with each game. 10-2 is more likely than either of those guesses with UNC and duke (elko knows our offense)
Works both ways doesn't it, Clawson should know his defensive tendencies as well.

WF's offense has changed a lot since 2016, the last time Elko coached here. The only time Elko coordinated against the WF offense was 2017. In that game, WF scored 37 points and gained over 500 yards. Not worried that Elko is going to know "how to stop" WF offense, particularly with Duke's talent.
I mean Elko is one of the best defensive minds in college (if not all) of football. He’s going to know better than almost all DCs as to how to stop (slow down) or offense. Sure we will put up points and yards because of their lack of talent but the wake-duke match up is gonna be a pain as long as Elko is there.

Malik currently standing on the sidelines to start the second half after taking a big hit late in the first half vs Pitt.

I am concerned about playing at UL if Malik is healthy and playing. I am less concerned if Malik is not healthy and especially if he does not play.

Why has Pitt only scored 10pts against this turrible Louisville D

The fact that Louisville lost to the BC team we just killed on an off day makes me confident we will beat them by double digits next week
We need a new acronym to replace LOWF - I propose BOWF big ol’ wake forest

The problem was Lobo.

He had a FB on his roster that spent multiple years in the league at a dying position and never used him properly. That was the final exhibit in a long line of exhibits why Lobo was terrible at his job.
Yes, but the problem was Grobe and his absolute refusal to acknowledge that Lobo was a problem. To me, the problem with Grobe started after he flew to Arkansas, almost took a job, all the guys knew but had no clue what was happening and then he very publicly came back. Everyone was so afraid that he might leave and we’d suck again that he started acting like the football God of Wake, beyond reproach. And all of us and our lazy AD didn’t call him to task, no matter how lazy he got, how much worse Lobo got and how much we started to suck. Grobe came in hungry- taking a team that won a single game the season before, to the Seattle Bowl with the same, talented players. Then after he was getting “courted,” he starting thinking his shit didn’t stink and wouldn’t make adjustments and got lazy AF. We are so lucky Clawson came in because Grobe nearly left us where he found us.

Yes, but the problem was Grobe and his absolute refusal to acknowledge that Lobo was a problem. To me, the problem with Grobe started after he flew to Arkansas, almost took a job, all the guys knew but had no clue what was happening and then he very publicly came back. Everyone was so afraid that he might leave and we’d suck again that he started acting like the football God of Wake, beyond reproach. And all of us and our lazy AD didn’t call him to task, no matter how lazy he got, how much worse Lobo got and how much we started to suck. Grobe came in hungry- taking a team that won a single game the season before, to the Seattle Bowl with the same, talented players. Then after he was getting “courted,” he starting thinking his shit didn’t stink and wouldn’t make adjustments and got lazy AF. We are so lucky Clawson came in because Grobe nearly left us where he found us.

Clawson has shown a total willingness to make coaching changes. Grobe REFUSED to make any.

Plus, I think Clawson is far more competitive and has the "gets it" factor. Grobe was a good man but the grass picking got old quickly.

The fact that Louisville lost to the BC team we just killed on an off day makes me confident we will beat them by double digits next week
Louisville always finds a way to play us tight- even when we win. I think their coaching staff are fighting for their lives too. I've got some concerns about next week.

Clawson has shown a total willingness to make coaching changes. Grobe REFUSED to make any.

Plus, I think Clawson is far more competitive and has the "gets it" factor. Grobe was a good man but the grass picking got old quickly.
Couldn’t agree more on Clawson.

I will be there with my family in tow to be as loud as we can be! Louisville didn't look overly impressive to me last night, although, for flashes they can look explosive. I think if we keep Cunningham contained we should be in good shape.

I’ve preferred GOWF—Great or Good Old . . .

I'm worried a bit about this one. Road game against a mobile QB. I'm hoping our D continues to improve and shows that they've turned a page and won't let Cunningham look like the second coming of Vince Young. Would be nice to get Anderson back this week to add a little more depth in the defensive back field.

Was tooling around the L'ville message boards, and while there is a fair amount of respect for Sam Hartman, man, L'ville fans spew a lot of hate on Clawson. Shocking to me.

They claim that all Clawson does is cry to the reffs and that WF runs a junk offense, which somehow the WF staff deserves no credit for. Almost like WF has just luck boxed into the current run of success. They also have no clue that WF has a new defensive coordinator this year. While I'm obviously partial to DC, really surprised that no respect is offered to Coach Clawson for building the WF program.

Guess its a good sign when opposing fans hate your coach.

Doesn't seem like a surprising way for fans to react to a coach who accused their program of cheating.

Back