• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ Louisville – Sat 10/29 – 3:30 ACCN

I thought both guys were pretty solid in college. I don't know what else you could ever expect from Tommy specifically, dude scored a ton of touchdowns, blocked pretty well and lasted a little while in the NFL.

Not sure I agree with Tommy, he accomplished about as much as player in a dying position could I think. Spent time in the league too. Plus, I know Tommy a little bit, don't dis my man!

I’m not intending to insult Tommy at all, he was very talented and we were all really proud of his success in the NFL. Lobo should have utilized him much more in the offense, the way that Arkansas used Payton Hillis. My point was that the hype around his weight lifting was bigger than what his role on the football team allowed him to accomplish. Would have been nice for us to have run him as much as Grobe ran Rich Belton.

I’m not intending to insult Tommy at all, he was very talented and we were all really proud of his success in the NFL. Lobo should have utilized him much more in the offense, the way that Arkansas used Payton Hillis. My point was that the hype around his weight lifting was bigger than what his role on the football team allowed him to accomplish. Would have been nice for us to have run him as much as Grobe ran Rich Belton.
Well at least Lobo's fascination with splitting fullbacks out at WR was over when Tommy was here.

I disagree completely, MDMH. Harris was a good RB and Bohannon was money on short yardage. Complain about how they were used but both were productive.

I disagree. Harris was a track star and built like a Greek statue, but he never rushed for more than like 700yards in a season, despite being #1 on the depth chart for like 3 seasons. Maybe that the fault of our offense, but it was disappointing all the same.

I disagree. Harris was a track star and built like a Greek statue, but he never rushed for more than like 700yards in a season, despite being #1 on the depth chart for like 3 seasons. Maybe that the fault of our offense, but it was disappointing all the same.
That was kind of my problem with Harris, is he rarely seemed to be the tough runner he'd look like he should be. He had the break away speed, but seemed to go down pretty easy at times.

The problem was Lobo.

He had a FB on his roster that spent multiple years in the league at a dying position and never used him properly. That was the final exhibit in a long line of exhibits why Lobo was terrible at his job.

The problem was Lobo.

He had a FB on his roster that spent multiple years in the league at a dying position and never used him properly. That was the final exhibit in a long line of exhibits why Lobo was terrible at his job.
Well in fairness to Lobo, he did move Tommy to "H-Back" his senior year....... :ROFLMAO:

Harris had 720 as a freshman splitting time with Josh Adams.
Harris had 432 in 9 games as a sophomore splitting time with Brandon Pendergrass.
Harris had 608 as a junior splitting time with Deandre Martin.
Harris had 470 as a senior splitting time with option Tanner Price (125 to 123 carries).

Harris was a #1 RB but only the feature back in that weird option.

We had a very nice run at FB with Mughelli, Belton, Rinfrette, and Bohannon over about a 14-year stretch.

Harris had 720 as a freshman splitting time with Josh Adams.
Harris had 432 in 9 games as a sophomore splitting time with Brandon Pendergrass.
Harris had 608 as a junior splitting time with Deandre Martin.
Harris had 470 as a senior splitting time with option Tanner Price (125 to 123 carries).

Harris was a #1 RB but only the feature back in that weird option.
Lord, that was a pathetic attempt at an option offense.

I remember Josh Harris posting a lot of negative stuff on Twitter. He seemed to run into assholes all day long.

As a relatively recent Wake grad, stats like these blow my mind. I'm aware of the futility of Wake football history, but don't really spend much time thinking about it.

This made me look at Wake wins by season, and what the hell was happening from 2009-2013? 5 straight losing seasons and only one bowl game? I know Clawson has a very long leash right now (deservedly), but I can't imagine he's still around if we rattle off 5, 3, 6, 5, and 4 win seasons from 2023-2028. And after this season Clawson will have (likely) made 7 straight bowl games, while Grobe only went to 5 bowls over 13 years so you'd think Clawson's leash would be the longer one. I guess the ACC Championship is a large difference, but still.
Can you spell Lobotzke?

Yeah I mean Wake is more likely overall to end the season 9-3 than 11-1. We have the BC game and then five games where the spread will be single digits (Wake probably favored in all five at this point).
Our defense is getting better with each game. 10-2 is more likely than either of those guesses with UNC and duke (elko knows our offense)

Our defense is getting better with each game. 10-2 is more likely than either of those guesses with UNC and duke (elko knows our offense)
WF's offense has changed a lot since 2016, the last time Elko coached here. The only time Elko coordinated against the WF offense was 2017. In that game, WF scored 37 points and gained over 500 yards. Not worried that Elko is going to know "how to stop" WF offense, particularly with Duke's talent.

Back