• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ NCST 8:00pm ACCN

Agree with taking ball. Throw the ball on every down and throw on 4th on their side of the field.

Why do our coaches study the other team and still think we'll be successful running the ball.

Another crappy bowl but hopefully one we can win. We don't do well vs P5 teams in bowls.

The two short and quick throws to open the game and one apparent designed bootleg to the right midway through the game—other than that, apparently nothing designed against the blitz.

And defense just has no backbone. They’ll make some plays early, but they can never get a stop or much less force a turnover when it matters.

Basketball season!

Let's see what Forbes can get done starting on Monday.

as sam became more valuable of a passer it became riskier for him to run which shifts what happens in the slow mesh RPO and the overall run game effectiveness

we're also playing better teams than earleir in the season

Luck is a big part of football. Last year Clemson had 2 ACC road losses against good teams and we took advantage. This year Clemson didn’t have those losses and DJU had the best game of his career against us in a 2OT game.

as sam became more valuable of a passer it became riskier for him to run which shifts what happens in the slow mesh RPO and the overall run game effectiveness

we're also playing better teams than earleir in the season
We’ll if we’re going to stay with this system, we’re going to have to decide the QB has to be running threat and take the risk that comes with it. I mean, we had Wolford and Hinton for awhile, that were 2 pretty good QBs for the system, so its possible to have a couple guys that can run it.

Luck is a big part of football. Last year Clemson had 2 ACC road losses against good teams and we took advantage. This year Clemson didn’t have those losses and DJU had the best game of his career against us in a 2OT game.
yeah although if we had beat clemson and then lost these last two this way I think I'd be in an even shittier mood right now

We’ll if we’re going to stay with this system, we’re going to have to decide the QB has to be running threat and take the risk that comes with it. I mean, we had Wolford and Hinton for awhile, that were 2 pretty good QBs for the system, so its possible to have a couple guys that can run it.
I wonder if it's also trying to protect his arm/shoulder that just had surgery a couple months ago

Not throw 3 damn interceptions for one.
Do you think the interceptions are all his fault? When you can’t run the ball or block the blitz and sling it 50 times, you’re probably going to throw two or three interceptions

Man, I really thought we were better. Disappointing to not bounce back and play with some grit. 8-4 would be a good result at this point.

Do you think the interceptions are all his fault? When you can’t run the ball or block the blitz and sling it 50 times, you’re probably going to throw two or three interceptions
He‘s got to make better decisions, he and Clawson would be the first 2 to tell you that.

Because it was downed at the 1. He didn't bat it back to the 6. He caught it and established possession. It was the right call and it didn't matter anyway.
You must’ve been really drunk when you watched the replay

You must’ve been really drunk when you watched the replay
Which fact do you disagree with? That he caught it? Established possession? He threw it, not batted it?

There are plenty of calls to be upset about. Why complain about one they got right?

I’m kinda at a loss. Just got home from the game. We’re probably just a fun story with a solid run like Northwestern in recent years, without winning anything of meaning.

Our defensive philosophy and play, particularly on 3rd and long, is unfathomable. I’m tired of posting the total lack of offensive creativity so won’t bother. Dave has the fire to win but seems to be too stubborn in some areas to get the program to the next level.

Growing up a Wake fan (and gravitating to tOSU because of consistent 1-5 win seasons), I know how historically good our recent run is, but the success has left us all wanting more.

Finally back home and read a few pages and will agree with some and offer my own thoughts.
1) again we need a kicker that can kick the ball in the damn endzone
2) if Sam can’t run then change the offense. At this point Griffis could legitimately be a better option if we don’t adapt.
3) has this staff every heard of a trick play?
4) our secondary still stinks.
5) the officiating was atrocious but if we had been able to score any points whatsoever after having 1st and goal from the 1 then we still had a shot
6) I think Hartman’s decision making is too slow. A lot of times he doesn’t hand off until the gap is already closed. No RB can run through 6 defenders.
7) learn to throw the ball away! My god.
8) turnovers are obviously an issue but it’s even more pronounced when we continue to force ZERO turnovers on defense.

Last edited:
Back