• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

And a new Dismemberment Plan offshoot with bass player and drummer. This is also the 11th anniversary of the one time I saw D-Plan, in the back of some weird ass drum shop in Fredericksburg, VA.

Please tell me it was picker's supply (or something like that).

Fredvegas loved them some dismemberment plan back in the day (mid nineties or so)

Last edited:
I'm sure that I am really late to the party here, but this Bakar song has been getting some play lately. We dug it so we went down the Bakar rabbit hole last night vibing to his stuff. Really enjoyed it.

Super Deluxe Edition does surround music releases and I'm a bit of a freak for those. I've bought numerous ones over the years, to include music that doesn't particularly interest me otherwise.

They released the first Suede album in surround recently, mixed by Steven Wilson, who is the absolute master of surround mixes. I love that album and pretty much anything SW touches turns to gold in surround. Bought it and was not disappointed in the least. It had been a while since I had listened to that album. The guitar work remains brilliant. No shredding, but the playing is just so perfect for the songs.

Super Deluxe Edition does surround music releases and I'm a bit of a freak for those. I've bought numerous ones over the years, to include music that doesn't particularly interest me otherwise.

They released the first Suede album in surround recently, mixed by Steven Wilson, who is the absolute master of surround mixes. I love that album and pretty much anything SW touches turns to gold in surround. Bought it and was not disappointed in the least. It had been a while since I had listened to that album. The guitar work remains brilliant. No shredding, but the playing is just so perfect for the songs.
I'm not sure I had elc loves animal nitrate on my bingo card... but it's on point and completely unsurprising.

(Little surprised by the album love tho)

I'm not sure I had elc loves animal nitrate on my bingo card... but it's on point and completely unsurprising.

(Little surprised by the album love tho)

I can understand that. I mean that first album and Brett Anderson's act is, if you will forgive my outdated description, gay as shit. But so were The Smiths. So were a bunch of 80s bands. So was Bowie when it suited him. Love them all.

Bernard Butler doesn't get enough love. Really inventive playing on this album.

I’m starting a 4 day road trip tomorrow if that inspires anyone to suggest some jams etc

Phish Dicks was great. I'm not going tonight, but I can't see how they can top last night's show. I think it will hold up as the best of the weekend and as a legitimately great show from this year. There were some sections of N2 that had me down right scared, lol - super spaced out, CK5 going FAAAAR OUT with the lights. Last night (N3) was straight up rock n roll from start to finish. They never really slowed down until the encore / mini-3rd set. What a freaking run!

ETA: N1 was fun, because it's Phish, because it's Dicks, but the show itself was only OK for me. S1 was great, but S2 never really got to the same place for me.

Last edited:
I’m starting a 4 day road trip tomorrow if that inspires anyone to suggest some jams etc
I know you’re a guitar guy but lately Alvvays has just been the vibe big time. If you’re gonna be a band, only writing good songs seems like such a baller strategy.

Ooh Buck Meek too. I know these aren’t novel suggestions.

My main music paranoia is like the opposite — I’ll hear something I love so much but because I have zero attention span I’ll move on to the next thing and forget it, which has happened a couple times. Only reason I know is that I’ve stumbled back on a couple things years later that I realized that I wanted to dive deeper on and had just spaced out.

My paranoia is that I have access to a near infinite library now in Spotify, but im only able to scratch less than 1% of the surface due to attention span/algorithm/etc. I feel like the app just serves me what I like repeatedly until I’m sick of it, but then I’ll get an auto generated weekly discover playlist full of obscure bangers and I get that ‘record store crate digging’ vibe

hmm super interesting, i purposely hold off listening to stuff i like because i don’t want to tire of them. haven’t found as much success on discover weekly as other folks for whatever reason

i don’t particularly love this band but this might be my fav live appearance (ie studio album length, no extended jamming allowed). obviously love the raw vocals but what the lead guitarist is doing is just insane, his right forearm must be gigantic

i don’t particularly love this band but this might be my fav live appearance (ie studio album length, no extended jamming allowed). obviously love the raw vocals but what the lead guitarist is doing is just insane, his right forearm must be gigantic

These guys played my college and it’s still one of the best shows I’ve seen.

I had to look up my list of concerts, which I haven't updated in like 12 years, to see where TV On The Radio was. They opened for NIN and Bauhaus in 2006. I recall them being solid, high energy, but they were opening so I wasn't paying a lot of attention.

Back