• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Thanks for the Tone Soul Evolution rec, bird man, really good stuff.

Great input, Shoo. Too many IPAs today?

Just a ribbing, man. Jeez.

But, to contribute, been listening to the new Lord Huron quite a bit and a lot of 80s with the kids. Youngest is obsessed with George Michael.

Last edited:
Just a ribbing, man. Jeez.

But, to contribute, been listening to the new Lord Huron quite a bit and a lot of 80s with the kids. Youngest is obsessed with George Michael.

I don't know Lord Huron. Will give them a whirl and see if it's my bag.

When George Michael croaked, I put on Faith and gave it a listen front to back. I had forgotten just how many hits were on that album, plus it's diverse as hell. It really deserved all the accolades that it received at the time.

I've been on a Pineapple Thief kick lately-- specifically their last 3 albums with Gavin Harrison behind the kit. Don't know much about them prior to that, but it seems like they went through a Smashing Pumpkins type phase, followed by a Radiohead type phase, and now they're more akin to Porcupine Tree, but really kind of their own thing, which is cool. Plus they mix all the new stuff in surround sound and it sounds fantastic. I've been on that surround sound kick for a while now. Music should be mixed and heard that way, IMHO. It's really enlightening.

Sleepy Brown was the better performer than Big Boi last night

just saw they announced an album together recently

Loved the CATS show I saw here. Wish I had seen CRB but always passed when they were in town.

IMO, you didn't miss anything. I loved Neal as a player but I liked Neal a lot better in Hard Working Americans and every other group he played with. And I'm a big fan of The Black Crowes music. I didn't like any of the CRB songs but they did do covers really well as one would expect. Rich Robinson's other projects were better than anything Chris did. Again , IMO

Dicks N1 was super fun. Interesting set list that had some stuff that hasn’t been played a lot; no true bust outs in that sense, but some stuff that gets maybe 1 appearance per year.

Big Carini to close set 1.

Big CDT jam in set two, solid slave to finish.

Encore was very good; loved the waste and the good times bad times was big Dicks energy.

Fun Dicks N2. I think 1st set was better overall. Loved the Alumni>Jimmy page>Alumni opener.

Everything’s Right, Fuego, Mercury, and YEM we’re really good.

Bold as Love Encore was awesome.

That’s it for me - back to real life today (I know, never miss a Sunday show…).

Got to see some rarities and 3 jams over 20 minutes in two nights. Don’t think l will stream tonight, but will be following the set list.

Was really hoping to catch AC/DC Bag or Roses..with my luck both will show up tonight.

Fun to have seen them in Arkansas to open your and again at Dicks to close. This was a really great tour IMO.

Jim Croce -- so awesome. I go from laughing at the lyrics of Roller Derby Queen and Working at the Car Wash Blues to nearly having a mid-life crisis from Time in a Bottle.

nice, 92, not a deep cut or anything but one i return to all the time

somehow a timeless song even though the pay phone and operator aren't around these days

just masterful storytelling, you're in from the first line

I have been on a St Paul and The Broken Bones kick for a while. Love it.

If you ever get the chance to see them live, do so. He is a showman through and through. Best live show I’ve seen.

Working through the Dead's show from 9/10/91 at MSG; Branford Marsalis joins the band for the whole show. It was the third time they played together and he features nicely on several songs throughout the show. There's some great video available on YouTube showing the young saxman doing work with the boys. Great set list and Branford adds a really nice layer of sound to the band.

Back