• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

joyce manor is more power pop than emo, imo but i'll let RSF rule

It’s hard to believe given how long they’ve been at it but Iron Maiden just released their 17th album. A lot of long 8+ minute songs so it takes patience to get into but its been great in the car for long errands or solo commutes.

Took in another great free show this weekend - opener was a local guy named Rob Drabkin and the headliner was Anders Osborne, playing an electric set with his band. He was coming off a show at the Telluride Blues & Brews fest, so this was only his 2nd show in 19 months.

Overall, it was a really good show; nice jams and solos and he went more rock/psych than his last couple of albums. Really lucky to have a Levitt Pavilion in Denver to put on high quality free shows.

Devon Gilfillian was a highlight of XPN for me, as was Simafunk.

Here's a vid of Devon

He did a killer "What's Goin On" cover with some brass instruments, but his whole vibe was outstanding. Killer voice, great band.

Cimafunk is a Cuban funk band, they absolutely brought it. They filled in for Dawes day 3, and I'm glad they did, such a dance party.

IR really out here with the Eno/Fripp sample

Devon Gilfillian was a highlight of XPN for me, as was Simafunk.

Here's a vid of Devon

He did a killer "What's Goin On" cover with some brass instruments, but his whole vibe was outstanding. Killer voice, great band.

Devon is playing Gears & Guitars in winston on 9/25. I saw him in 2019 & had the same thoughts as you.

Townie, I read the NMH 33 1/3 book and it was great. Thanks for the tip. Have you read “our band could be your life”? It has a similar vibe to the 331/3 book. It’s one of my favorite books ever.

Back