• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Thanks to the chat thread, just fired up Newsies in the office (we watch this every labor day with our kids)

Wrongs will be righted if we're united
Once we've begun
If we stand as one
Someday becomes somehow
And a prayer becomes a vow
And the strike starts right damn now!

XPN Fest this weekend was a blast.

Didn't make it to the Friday shows, bummed I missed Patti Smith and War on Drugs, but I've seen them both before.

Went all day Saturday/Sunday.

My highlights were Bartees Strange (show of the festival for me, high energy, awesome performance), Jenny Lewis (obviously), The Suffers, Lo Moon, Neal Francis, and The Dip. I'd never listened to the latter three before the festival, always great to come away with some new favs. Neal Francis especially is one that I'll look to see again if they're around locally.

Good interview with the surviving Roches (Suzzy and Terre; RIP Maggie) on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of their album Keep On Doing, the second of theirs produced by Robert Fripp, of all people. It's great, as is their first one, and the Maggie and Terre duo record Seductive Reasoning. As a result, I've been putting on the Roches. Great group.

Also it was the 49th anniversary of the assassination of the Chilean folk singer/activist Victor Jara by some US-backed Pinochet thugs this past weekend. His music has a haunting quality already, but this was recorded for Peruvian television two months before his murder, so even moreso here, imo.

I've got a couple more years on you baby, that's all.
You'll say I've had more chances to fly and more places to fall.
It ain't that I'm wiser,
It's only that I've spent more time with my back to the wall.
And I've picked up a couple more years on you baby, that's all.

Ralph Mooney steel!

Last edited:
RIP to drummer Anton Fier. Played on the first Feelies album, played with Lounge Lizards, Herbie Hancock, Pere Ubu, etc. etc. Lots of cool, different stuff. Just imagine the cocaine ingested to produce this.

Last edited:
Back