• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Anybody wanna talk about this Pitchfork Top-250 songs of the 90's list??

Life is a Highway

Last night was my 19th show this year, Khruangbin. So freaking good. Played in front of city hall; ended up finding a great spot close to the stage under a tree where it sounded really good and we had a view of the whole band. They are so tight live; will definitely try to see them next time they come through. Digging the new album too, though I don't think they played any of it last night.

Last night was my 19th show this year, Khruangbin. So freaking good. Played in front of city hall; ended up finding a great spot close to the stage under a tree where it sounded really good and we had a view of the whole band. They are so tight live; will definitely try to see them next time they come through. Digging the new album too, though I don't think they played any of it last night.
I wanted to see them when they came through earlier this year, but it was the same night as JRAD so my loyalties were elsewhere. Goose was the first night of JRAD so I thought about splitting the difference but I love JRAD too much and assume Goose will be back. Heard a rumor they'll be here with Trey for Xmas Jam but TBD.

I wanted to see them when they came through earlier this year, but it was the same night as JRAD so my loyalties were elsewhere. Goose was the first night of JRAD so I thought about splitting the difference but I love JRAD too much and assume Goose will be back. Heard a rumor they'll be here with Trey for Xmas Jam but TBD.
JRAD or Kbin would be a tough one for me as I also like them both quite a bit. Goose...meh. Can't get into it; their whole rise feels very contrived to me and the music hasn't clicked for me yet.

JRAD or Kbin would be a tough one for me as I also like them both quite a bit. Goose...meh. Can't get into it; their whole rise feels very contrived to me and the music hasn't clicked for me yet.
I kinda feel the same but do want to check them out live to see if the hype is warranted. I feel like if I see a whole show video on YouTube if you scroll to any point in the video when they're jamming it's the same groove type jam. Spafford is similar and came a bit before them and seemed to be gaining popularity before Goose stole their thunder. They have risen just as quick as Billy Strings did, but Billy obviously hella talented. Trey has recently sat in with both, so who knows.

Wow, new Isleys sounds pretty cool. Ronald and Ernie! 2Chainz (don't know him), but it sounds good. I think they are singing about drugs and maybe sex too.

A little disappointed by the lack of Ernie stretching it out with that famous guitar TONE, but oh well.

I'm currently way too into two songs:

Jeez. This reminded me that I saw Heartless Bastards open for the Drive By Truckers like a zillion years ago. They didn't even have a record out yet-- just were selling CD-Rs of their demo. Just went and found it. 5 songs and a personal bio from Erika in it, along with their website URL and hotmail addy.

This song caught my ear in a playlist recently so I've been listening to a lot of their other stuff lately. Love the sound.

Back