• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Saw him in the summer of '79 or '80 at Carowinds. His former guitarist and early Coral Reefer, Tim Krekel, opened with his band. Buffet came out and played with them near the end of their set. Krekel played with Buffet the entire evening. It was a most memorable show. I love his live album "You Had To Be There". 'Dixie Diner' one of my favorite tunes. Ad caelum cum alis, JB.

i know someone who played guitar with him and was a tech for many years in the 80s, a Deac grad as well

all of you will be interested and thankful to know a musician crisis was averted today.

this morning in the shower i was hungover and thought some of my favorite guitar solos would be a pick me up, but as i went through a few (brown eyed women from cornell, heavy things - studio version, scar tissue) the emotional reaction i usually get was totally missing which was freaking me out*

alas, i listened to them again this evening and the magic was back, thanks music.

*is anyone else occasionally paranoid you are gonna run out of new music you like and get bored of the stuff you like?

hopefully it don’t mess with you and im just a weirdo. oddly(?) i think that’s prob one of the few things i get paranoid about

could something like even possibly happen in todays day? thanks a lot for inventing the internet obama

and of course the best of all time if you include battle of the bands performances

My main music paranoia is like the opposite — I’ll hear something I love so much but because I have zero attention span I’ll move on to the next thing and forget it, which has happened a couple times. Only reason I know is that I’ve stumbled back on a couple things years later that I realized that I wanted to dive deeper on and had just spaced out.

To see a show? This background looked very familiar, I think I’ve seen a Skiffle Players set on YouTube from there before.
I've been a few times before (Waxahatchee/Bonny Doon is probably my favorite), but this upcoming show is gonna be pure nostalgia. Everclear + Ataris and hopefully a lot of illicit substances

My paranoia is that I have access to a near infinite library now in Spotify, but im only able to scratch less than 1% of the surface due to attention span/algorithm/etc. I feel like the app just serves me what I like repeatedly until I’m sick of it, but then I’ll get an auto generated weekly discover playlist full of obscure bangers and I get that ‘record store crate digging’ vibe

I’m so sad. Yo la Tengo cancelled their show in St Augustine next weekend. I was gonna take my daughter and show her how to truely rock. Damn.

They just rescheduled the boulder show for february.

Back