• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you looking for in the next head coach?

graduated in '10, been a diehard since '92 (first game I have a vivid memory of), connections with the university go back to '58. I know the history.

Good. Nothing worse than a critic who doesn't know the entire story or what it means to be a Deac. We've always been a slow and steady wins the race kind of school when it comes to athletics and I don't see this changing anytime soon. We'll be back in the winner's circle soon enough.

Good. Nothing worse than a critic who doesn't know the entire story or what it means to be a Deac. We've always been a slow and steady wins the race kind of school when it comes to athletics and I don't see this changing anytime soon. We'll be back in the winner's circle soon enough.

I know what it means to be LOWF.

There's a difference between slow and steady and turning around and heading in the opposite direction.

We don't have to hire a tortoise. We can hire a hare who doesn't get complacent.

As long as we get a black coach I'm ok. No more white men ever as the fball or bball coach. White people are disgusting leeches

With LOWF Ron Wellman as AD? I doubt it. Under RW's leadership, we have only finished in the upper half of the conference in the Director's Cup competition 3 years out of the last 20. And we've been dead last for three years in a row. (Last year we had the lowest Director's Cup finish ever for an ACC school.)

We need an AD who refuses to accept excuses for failure. We need an AD who demands excellence on the field as well as off. We need an AD who does not abide nepotism and cronyism. And most importantly, we need an honest AD whose words and actions demonstrate the integrity we expect from employees of MSD.

And before you get around to asking, I do know "what it means to be a Deac". I've been a Deacon fan and alum for over 30 years.

Yep. For a this talk about limitations, players decide to play for a coach.

As far as Wellman's conservatism, he does still have a lesbian head coach. He didn't hire her but he hasn't fired her yet.

This. We are under talented in both sports right now.

With LOWF Ron Wellman as AD? I doubt it. Under RW's leadership, we have only finished in the upper half of the conference in the Director's Cup competition 3 years out of the last 20. And we've been dead last for three years in a row. (Last year we had the lowest Director's Cup finish ever for an ACC school.)

We need an AD who refuses to accept excuses for failure. We need an AD who demands excellence on the field as well as off. We need an AD who does not abide nepotism and cronyism. And most importantly, we need an honest AD whose words and actions demonstrate the integrity we expect from employees of MSD.

And before you get around to asking, I do know "what it means to be a Deac". I've been a Deacon fan and alum for over 30 years.

You need an AD who isn't working for WFU.

Back