• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you looking for in the next head coach?

1 - fan of Game of Thrones
2 - bald
3 - knows how to work a grill
4 - regularly uses snapchat
5 - good at coaching football
6 - good at recruiting good football players
7 - hilarious
8 - not [Redacted]
9 - hot wife
10 - impressive whiskey palette
11 - in good shape
12 - not old
13 - not scared of the bigger schools in the ACC
14 - thinks Bz is a donk but will be respectful until Bz is gone
15 - eats lots of carrots

THAT'S THE LIST

found him

Pretty sure most NCAA head coaches have graduate degrees.

some mix of bear bryant, bearded jim grobe, skip prosser, chris paul, cliff paul, and jon abbate

THE ANSWER IS STARING US IN THE FACE!

Bearded Jon Abbate!

He can sign once he's delivered Christmas to all the good little girls and boys across the globe.

From a BOT friend--what Wellman is looking for:

1) Person who fits the Wake Forest mold (well-polished/ articulate/even-tempered/experience as a former student-athlete or asst. coach in program run by well-respected coach)
2) Person who will represent WFU nationally and in the media as a role model coach and gentleman
3) Person who will not be at risk of any NCAA violations and has no prior track-record of any major or minor violations with the NCAA
4) Good moral reputation (family-man/person of faith)
5) Ability to manage and maintain a coaching staff that fits into the WFU mold
6) Post-graduate degree
7) Person who emphasizes the personal development of the whole student-athlete

Really at least add in something about history of winning..

Pretty sure that all official Wake Sports Coaches openings have a graduate degree as a requirement. I mean, I'm sure it would be waived (I think/hope), but I think it is on the official job posting of all head coach openings. Th e faith thing is stupid, but Wellman is kind of a conservative Jesus freak, so who knows. Wonder if we would ever hire someone Jewish.

Hey. Let's not give conservative Jesus freaks a bad name by lumping them into an association with Wellman.

Recruiting has got to pick up. It's been abysmal. I don't care how good the coach is, you've got to have the players to be able to compete.

1) Person who fits the Wake Forest mold (well-polished/ articulate/even-tempered/experience as a former student-athlete or asst. coach in program run by well-respected coach)
2) Person who will represent WFU nationally and in the media as a role model coach and gentleman
3) Person who will not be at risk of any NCAA violations and has no prior track-record of any major or minor violations with the NCAA
6) Post-graduate degree

Is it sad that the only reason I think this might be a remotely credible list is because the poster is the same lunatic who posted a Bzz-In manifesto last march.

What does it say about our Athletic department that being insane means people assume you have inside information.

6) Post-graduate degree

Prepare to be disappointed.

Recruiting has got to pick up. It's been abysmal. I don't care how good the coach is, you've got to have the players to be able to compete.

Yep. For a this talk about limitations, players decide to play for a coach.

As far as Wellman's conservatism, he does still have a lesbian head coach. He didn't hire her but he hasn't fired her yet.

I'm not taking the Bz bait but well done on your research, sport. But more to the point, scout's honor--that's the list passed along to me from a former WFU classmate now on the BOT.

I'm not taking the Bz bait but well done on your research, sport. But more to the point, scout's honor--that's the list passed along to me from a former WFU classmate now on the BOT.

Oh i believe you. I also think that you and your friend are part (a large part) of the problem.

I appreciate you sharing it with us.

logo_new.jpg

i played all four years in NCISAA 2A haha. they have rules about shorts length for soccer (girls AND guys), hair length for guys (in all sports), tattoo's (aren't allowed to show), if you get ejected from a game in any sport you have to sit out the next game no matter what (i was the only person in school history to have done it in three different sports in one school year). the only cool thing was they were real lax about enrollment and eligibility type stuff, we had a guy who went to one class a semester and started every basketball game for 2 years and got a scholly to Coastal Carolina. gotta love the hypocrites.

Back