• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best sandwich?

TimmyClutch

Reaction score
We all like sandwiches. There are many different types. It only seems fit that we spend time arguing on the internet which is the best.

For me, several standout, the French Dip, the New England Roast beef, a chicken salad on a sub roll with bacon and Munster. However, I do believe that the Italian sub is the premier sandwich.

IMG_2376.jpeg

I welcome all challengers.

For like 5 years, our youngest was obsessed with the Monte Cristo and asked for it in his birthday each year.

Lmao the Tyler’s here in Durham actually had a pretty good Monte Cristo. Used to eat it from time to time for lunch when I worked at the American Tobacco Campus.

I’m a sucker for prosciutto mozzarella on a pressed panini but I think we all have to be honest with ourselves because a well made grilled cheese with bacon is clearly the answer

I’m a sucker for prosciutto mozzarella on a pressed panini but I think we all have to be honest with ourselves because a well made grilled cheese with bacon is clearly the answer
I like my grilled cheese with tomato, but similar, I guess.

That grilled cheese sounds like it’s missing half a dozen or so ingredients
I haven’t figured out how much you can add to a grilled cheese before it’s something completely different, but I’m ok with it being a grilled cheese after 1 extra ingredient.

I’ve shared this with the chat thread before but there’s a sandwich shop open like three days a week in Brookline that has a Swiss chard, collard greens, and bacon sandwich with aioli on ciabatta and it’s absolutely straight from God

When I read the thread title from the main page my mind immediately went to a proper Italian sub from the local Italian grocer/deli. Bostonians - I'm primarily talking about Bob's but we're blessed with many many great options.

If you're in a Portuguese place, check out their Francesinha. Excellent.

I love all the sandwiches though. Everything mentioned so far would make me very very happy. Thank you, John Mantagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich, for your contributions to making the world a much better place.

Back