• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best sandwich?

Don't make me decide. Assuming we are voting with the best possible example in mind vs. taking into consideration floors/ceilings and usual quality (otherwise po' boys would be out)

I think I'd have to consider:

Lobster Roll
Cuban
BLT (at the height of Tomato season obviously, something to be said for simplicity)
Fried Chicken
Lamb Gyro
Italian Sub

I’ve shared this with the chat thread before but there’s a sandwich shop open like three days a week in Brookline that has a Swiss chard, collard greens, and bacon sandwich with aioli on ciabatta and it’s absolutely straight from God
Go on....

(my guess - Cutty's, I don't read the chat thread so I wouldn't have seen your prior mentions of this shop.

Last edited:
I haven’t figured out how much you can add to a grilled cheese before it’s something completely different, but I’m ok with it being a grilled cheese after 1 extra ingredient.
I think as long as cheese is the featured ingredient, it’s a grilled cheese. When cheese becomes a compliment to another ingredient(s), it’s something else.

Don't make me decide. Assuming we are voting with the best possible example in mind vs. taking into consideration floors/ceilings and usual quality (otherwise po' boys would be out)

I think I'd have to consider:

Lobster Roll
Cuban
BLT (at the height of Tomato season obviously, something to be said for simplicity)
Fried Chicken
Lamb Gyro
Italian Sub
I was thinking the later. An Italian is gonna be good pretty much everywhere you go. The ceiling and the floor are both pretty high.

A bad lobster roll is gonna be terrible. Also are you doing warm or cold? Butter or Mayo? Also are you paying $30 for a hotdog bun with a scoop of lobster salad?

I’ll be in central FL twice in the next 2 months. Is Portillos somewhere I need to make an effort to visit?

There’s also the Gloria Estefan restaurant I need to visit.

Italian sub is a go-to and even a mediocre one holds up. Big fan of the french dip, but a bad french dip is z-tier. Cheesesteaks are good. I love making a sandwich out of leftover meatloaf. One that I used to love and haven't had in a decade plus is a buffalo chicken sandwich.

Italian sub is a go-to and even a mediocre one holds up. Big fan of the french dip, but a bad french dip is z-tier. Cheesesteaks are good. I love making a sandwich out of leftover meatloaf. One that I used to love and haven't had in a decade plus is a buffalo chicken sandwich.
Buffalo chicken is the kids menu of sandwiches.

I’ll be in central FL twice in the next 2 months. Is Portillos somewhere I need to make an effort to visit?

There’s also the Gloria Estefan restaurant I need to visit.
No. Portillos is a Chicago staple. Don’t make a point to go there in a trip to Florida. Find someplace that makes a proper Cuban sandwich

I never turn down a BLT. I don’t like mayonnaise but I will have it on a BLT.

Po Boy with shrimp or oysters is always good.

I love an Italian or roast beef sandwich, especially if there is a pickle spear included.

Most of the good ones are taken, so - tomato/mayo/black pepper on toasted white bread. Also, we cannot entertain lobster rolls because that may lead to the inclusion of hot dogs which are definitely not sandwiches.

Back