• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best sandwich?

Lobster rolls are certainly tasty but I feel like they are always smaller than I expect and a few dollars more expensive.
defs gotta get from a place where you're sitting outside at a picnic table. every one I've gotten from a sitdown place has either been disappointing or way too expensive/small.

I love sandwiches so hard. A few of my faves:

Oyster Po Boy
Roast Beef with quality horseradish
Roast pork sliders with bacon jam and pickles
Grilled cheese with bacon and jalapeños

When I was single I ate so many of those grilled cheese with jalapeño that I think I jacked up my esophagus and thought I was dying.

Not big on Reubens.

That Bennigans Monte Cristo went crazy.

I don’t like muffulettas. Too olivey.

One of my favorite sandwiches ever was a chicken cutlet sandwich from Sam LaGrassa’s in Boston. Yet I will not say the Chicken cutlet is the best sandwich.

This is a near impossible question. Like asking me to pick a favorite child but I have 20 children.

The best sandwich is the one I happen to be having at that moment.

I do really love Reubens though, or at least a mile high corned beef and Swiss from a place like Katz’s.

Reuben
Italian sub
Tuna melt with tomato
Roast beef, turkey, and cheese

PBJ with Peter Pan Extra Crunchy and plain Lays chips won't win but can compete with anything.

There was a place growing up that would make an Italian Hot Dog Sandwich - a foot long hot dog in a sub roll with fried potato wedges, onions, green peppers, and marinara sauce. I can still taste it and I haven't had one in probably 25 years.

This is a near impossible question. Like asking me to pick a favorite child but I have 20 children.

The best sandwich is the one I happen to be having at that moment.

I do really love Reubens though, or at least a mile high corned beef and Swiss from a place like Katz’s.

This question legitimately kept me awake last night. I’m trying to figure out the divisions in a four region tournament. I’ve come up with an International division (Bahn Mi, Cubans, Ropa Vieja, etc.); Deli Classics (Reuben, Pastrami, Roast Beef).

Now I’m wondering if Regional is the way to go. International, Southeast, Northeast, West of the Mississippi.

This question legitimately kept me awake last night. I’m trying to figure out the divisions in a four region tournament. I’ve come up with an International division (Bahn Mi, Cubans, Ropa Vieja, etc.); Deli Classics (Reuben, Pastrami, Roast Beef).

Now I’m wondering if Regional is the way to go. International, Southeast, Northeast, West of the Mississippi.
wait, I've never had a ropa vieja sandwich. is that a thing?

we counting nc pulled pork with slaw on a burger bun as a sandwich? That’s gotta be a high seed.

Just an impossible question really.

Possibly my most ordered sandwich is a pretty simple lox, cream cheese, onion, cucumber, dill on a fresh bagel from a spot right down the street. Good lox is so good

You could also divide hot and cold or sub vs sandwich. A meatball sub is great, a meatball sandwich is meh.

when I was home sick from school as a kid my mom used to make peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches for me. Another banger

Back