• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best sandwich?

my dad was into peanut butter and cheese sandwiches

now, it sounds fine, but as a kid it was off-putting and he made me one once and I couldn't eat anything else til I finished it and it became a battle of sorts

i'm still resentful toward that sandwich

Oh god I forgot about fried chicken sandwiches, thanks DF09. I would go on a national tour checking out the best fried chicken sandwich spots.

There are also a couple corner spots in the Boston area that do ridiculously good tuna melts. I don't know where the tuna comes from and I'm not asking

This question legitimately kept me awake last night. I’m trying to figure out the divisions in a four region tournament. I’ve come up with an International division (Bahn Mi, Cubans, Ropa Vieja, etc.); Deli Classics (Reuben, Pastrami, Roast Beef).

Now I’m wondering if Regional is the way to go. International, Southeast, Northeast, West of the Mississippi.
Sounds like someone is volunteering to run a tournament

Has anyone put down fried shrimp sandwich yet? Not a po'boy, but like the fried shrimp/coleslaw sweet bun combo.

have we begun to fight about the definition of sandwich, yet?

pizza is the best sandwich

my dad was into peanut butter and cheese sandwiches

now, it sounds fine, but as a kid it was off-putting and he made me one once and I couldn't eat anything else til I finished it and it became a battle of sorts

i'm still resentful toward that sandwich
I have NEVER had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Can eat peanuts (except boiled) all day but hate peanut butter. Always have.
My fav is rare roast beef, Swiss cheese on rye with a bit of lettuce (not shredded) and mayo.
Next Genoa salami, provolone on rye with spicy brown mustard.
Yum.

Oh god I forgot about fried chicken sandwiches, thanks DF09. I would go on a national tour checking out the best fried chicken sandwich spots.

There are also a couple corner spots in the Boston area that do ridiculously good tuna melts. I don't know where the tuna comes from and I'm not asking
What are your thoughts on Cutty's "Super Cluckin' Sunday" fried chicken sandwich? I dig it and this reminded me to place an order for this Sunday but I'm too late. Should have done it last night when it occurred to me.

I don't think it's notable though, in the realm of national fried chicken sandwiches, but good for Boston when you've got an itch.

I think my 1 seeds are:

lobster roll (Maine style you lunatics)
Italian (preferably pressed, extra hots, I used to get one from Back Bay Sandwich in Boston that was fantastic)
meatball (did this with homemade meatballs a couple of weeks ago and it was bonkers level good)
banh mi

could sub in a good cheesesteak or a sausage and peppers depending on the day

for stuff I'm making at home, a simple grilled cheese is hard to beat

someone mentioned "new england roast beef," which I didn't know to be a category of sandwich but it reminded me that I used to eat a ton of Walt's roast beef when I lived in RI

I consider breakfast stuff a different category but since someone brought it up, lox and cream cheese on an everything bagel is v dope

All the staples have already been mentioned, but goddamn if one of the best sandwiches I've ever had didn't happen recently.

It was pimento cheese with jalapenos and bacon and pepper jelly, panini style. The sweet mixed with the heat is just money, and I do not like your standard PB&J sandwiches.

someone mentioned "new england roast beef," which I didn't know to be a category of sandwich but it reminded me that I used to eat a ton of Walt's roast beef when I lived in RI
I was thinking like a Kelly’s Roast Beef, a super beef three way, cheese, Mayo, sauce on an onion roll.

All the good places seem to have gone out our business though.

Wait if a chicken sandwich is a sandwich why isn't a burger a sandwich?

Back