• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best sandwich?

Outside of local, you’re probably right. The only argument would be Penn Station because they have fries.

I don’t care much for bagged potato chips.

What qualifies as local. My favorite spot is Larry’s Giant Subs but they’re limited to FL and GA (including Athens, Biff).

Primo Hoagies is expensive but pretty awesome. I love J Mikes too.

Hot-Dog-Chili-Image.jpeg

I just scrolled through this whole thread and don’t think I saw the classic Club sandwich mentioned, so I’m going to throw that out there. Three slices of bread (toasted of course), sliced turkey breast, bacon/lettuce/tomato/mayo, cut into quarters and held together with toothpicks.

I don’t often get one, but there are certain times where it is the best thing ever. Finish playing golf on a hot day, sit down with a club sandwich, side of fries and a beer…nothing better.

I'll throw around a couple Winston favorites.

Cham or buffalo Cham - TJ's Deli
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich - Putters
Guac Ribeye Sandwich - Putters
Italian - O'Brien's (country club Rd)
Really any sandwich at all from O'Brien's

I'm a philly steak guy but I don't think anyone in Winston has one good enough to even mention on this thread.

I don't eat many sandwiches these days, or bread in general. But if I do it's typically one of those I mentioned above. Or I'll just make a grilled cheese w/ or w/o bacon/turkey other meats.

I'd be interested in doing a thread like this for different stews, soups, chilis, crock pot type meals.

Picking a singular best sandwich is really hard. Wow. Gonna try and rank a top 3-5 maybe.

Seriously. My Mt. Rushmore is reuben, muffuletta, italian, and bacon/jalapeno/pimento cheese.

Mt. Rushmore is a good way to frame it.

after thinking about this for weeks, mine would prob be:

1. Italian on bread that is crusty but not hard that has mayo, some mustard and hot peppers and the cold cuts super thinly sliced
2. Banh mi w/ pork and headcheese on bread that's a bit fluffy
3. BLT with huge salted tomato slices with aioli that is ideally a bit green
4. Classic egg salad with high quality ingredients and maybe some pickled jalapenos on top

Just off mine bc it's a bit too random / personal but a Tuna Tramezzino with tuna and pickled pearl onions with mayo on white bread. Prob the favorite thing I had in italy.

Also not sure about eligibility, but Carolina still is my fav way to have a burger or hot dog w/ chili, mayo, coleslaw, mustard and cheese. I used to house Cheese Dogs from cookout (everytime you order one, they had to provide a disclaimer that "you know this doesn't have a hot dog in it"

Last edited:
Mt. Rushmore is a good way to frame it.

after thinking about this for weeks, mine would prob be:

1. Italian on bread that is crusty but not hard that has mayo, some mustard and hot peppers and the cold cuts super thinly sliced
2. Banh mi w/ pork and headcheese on bread that's a bit fluffy
3. BLT with huge salted tomato slices with aioli that is ideally a bit green
4. Classic egg salad with high quality ingredients and maybe some pickled jalapenos on top

Just off mine bc it's a bit too random / personal but a Tuna Tramezzino with tuna and pickled pearl onions with mayo on white bread. Prob the favorite thing I had in italy
I'll accept 2 and 3, but the Mt. Rushmore of sandwiches has to include Cubano and Reuben.

Back