• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the future of recreational drugs?

Brangus

Reaction score
I was watching the movie "Looper" where drugs were administered via eyedrops (dumb movie overall FYI), and wondered what the next big drug will be. Most drugs are actually pretty old...cocaine, heroin, crack, MDMA, meth etc. With vaping technology it seems like something new is going to come along.

FYI, I'm curious as a parent. "Roughest" thing I ever did was weak pot at Wake. Been a beer and whiskey guy since the turn of the century.

"Bath salts." Huge companies in China producing this stuff that can stay ahead of the laws by staying one step ahead of governments by changing one part of a chemical compound. The most popular form produces a similar feeling to weed but some mess with you really bad (crazy ass highs where you freak out and in some cases attack others because you're having a psychotic episode).

Bath salts are actually more similar to methamphetamine than marijuana. "Spice" is synthetic marijuana. State and federal laws are combating the small chemical tweaking by manufacturers by making the backbone structure illegal as well as any analogues. That's has cut down on a lot of synthetics available in gas stations and head shops. Forensic labs can actually detect a lot of these compounds but the scientific process of validating new methods (even just adding one new drug to a panel of tests) takes so much time and no.st that it is almost not worth it since something new will come along by the time it is completed. However, rigorous validation is necessary so when test results are published the public can trust that the results are correct.

One problem with even the old drugs is that drug chemists are getting so good now at producing high quality product. As purity increases, so does the likelihood of overdose.

Alpha-PVP is big in FL right now and we are just waiting for it to come to SC.

Diane Rehm did a show on this last week. The shit they spray the "legal weed" with is terrifying.

I once saw an acquaintance absolutely out of his mind off of Spice/K2. It was actually terrifying what it did to him. He couldn't function, pale in the face, pretty sure he also had a seizure.

Diane Rehm did a show on this last week. The shit they spray the "legal weed" with is terrifying.
If I heard her correctly, then that only applied to synthetics, which is really not the same thing.

I do wonder what else (pesticides, preservatives, etc.) is in legal weed, though. For as worthless as the FDA and Surgeon General usually are, at least there seems to be done regulation as to what we ingest...

I was watching the movie "Looper" where drugs were administered via eyedrops (dumb movie overall FYI), and wondered what the next big drug will be. Most drugs are actually pretty old...cocaine, heroin, crack, MDMA, meth etc. With vaping technology it seems like something new is going to come along.

FYI, I'm curious as a parent. "Roughest" thing I ever did was weak pot at Wake. Been a beer and whiskey guy since the turn of the century.

there's a new designer drug made constantly these days i bet. the whole 2cb->2ci thing is a good example.

also you forgot the best drug in your list.

If I heard her correctly, then that only applied to synthetics, which is really not the same thing.

I do wonder what else (pesticides, preservatives, etc.) is in legal weed, though. For as worthless as the FDA and Surgeon General usually are, at least there seems to be done regulation as to what we ingest...

sun-grown, organic or gtfo

Yeah that's what I meant, I did a bad job of explaining that. They market synthetic cannabnoids (Spice/K2/etc.) as legal weed bc it is plant based. However it's sprayed with all kinds of compounds that are found in many of our pesticides, cleaners, etc. The compounds are mostly made in China and as was previously mentioned they alter the compounds all the time to stay ahead of legislation.

The effects are similar much similar to meth or heroin. Seizures, violent panic attacks, etc. It can be an extreme upper or downer depending on what compound is in that batch. It's terrifying.

"Bath salts." Huge companies in China producing this stuff that can stay ahead of the laws by staying one step ahead of governments by changing one part of a chemical compound. The most popular form produces a similar feeling to weed but some mess with you really bad (crazy ass highs where you freak out and in some cases attack others because you're having a psychotic episode).

Sounds like you know your drugs.

I once saw an acquaintance absolutely out of his mind off of Spice/K2. It was actually terrifying what it did to him. He couldn't function, pale in the face, pretty sure he also had a seizure.

That guy was tripping balls. Nice!

Gin-Lane-by-William-Hogarth.jpg

Do you have other stories of friends who are partying serious? This one sounds pretty cool.

Back